If you have something to say, post a comment. I will not respond to anonymous commenters, so if you care to joust with the GROUCH, open yourself a FREE GMAIL account and get yourself an ID so I'll know who you are.

If you'd like to be a guest contributor, email me at:
ka4p1@hotmail.com
Opinions of the guests are not necessarily the opinion of the GROUCH!

Friday, February 27, 2009

Musicians Are Crazy


Most of you know I am a musician on the side. I play bass guitar, a little keyboard, and sing a little on the side. Back in the 60's and early 70's were my serious playing times. We played rock-n-roll and country. In fact we played in some of the places on the "Walking Tall" movies. It is a wonder we didn't get killed, but heck, we were young, invincible, and we thought we would live forever.


I got married, went to college, got interested in marriage and career, and slowly but surely let the music slide.


About 4 years ago I started playing again, at first just for the hell of it and then I was jamming again. Sorry to say the last group I was working with split up a couple of weeks ago. Seems like people near my age cannot get together and play without having egos, personal issues, and this and that get in the way of the music. Needless to say I am somewhat frustrated, but the music will not die again.


I'm going next Wednesday night to jam with some dudes across the river. They play rock and country both. I'm not getting my hopes up, but you never know until you try.


Wish me luck...........

3 comments:

  1. Don't give up. I'm ready to come see you play again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not giving up. I'm just taking my time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not giving up either. I hope these guys are good at the music, easy to get along with, and everybody just has a good time.

    Debbie Hamilton
    Right Truth

    ReplyDelete