If you have something to say, post a comment. I will not respond to anonymous commenters, so if you care to joust with the GROUCH, open yourself a FREE GMAIL account and get yourself an ID so I'll know who you are.

If you'd like to be a guest contributor, email me at:
ka4p1@hotmail.com
Opinions of the guests are not necessarily the opinion of the GROUCH!

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Polar Bears Throwing Snowballs





Most of you probably don't know that I went to college at Peabody College in Nashville. Peabody is now part of Vanderbilt University. Sweet wifey (she is so sweet) and I lived in student housing on 18th Avenue South. Just a block or so away on Edgehill Avenue was a small house where out front they had 2 statues of polar bears throwing snowballs. Some people have lions, some people have gargoyles, but these people had polar bears throwing snowballs. I always thought this was kinda cool. In fact I kinda thought I might mention to sweet wifey that we get a couple of polar bears for our house...................nah, better not.

According to this LINK the owner of the statues eventually donated the polar bears to the city and now they have their own little place.



It's funny how we sometimes remember rather insignificant things. Although we did not have a pot to piss in nor a window to throw it out of, undergraduate college was one of the best times of my life. The only problem was that I did not realize it at the time.

2 comments:

  1. "...undergraduate college was one of the best times of your life?" I can't imagine why. Yes I liked our apartment. Yes I liked my job at the Kennedy Center. But other than that, what was so good?

    Oh yes, I know. We had each other, we had no kids, we were young, ... in love, healthy, non-political, ....

    Debbie Hamilton
    Right Truth

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. I remember the yard with the polar bears throwing snowballs. I always thought that was weird in Nashville Tennessee.

    Debbie Hamilton
    Right Truth

    ReplyDelete