If you have something to say, post a comment. I will not respond to anonymous commenters, so if you care to joust with the GROUCH, open yourself a FREE GMAIL account and get yourself an ID so I'll know who you are.

If you'd like to be a guest contributor, email me at:
ka4p1@hotmail.com
Opinions of the guests are not necessarily the opinion of the GROUCH!

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Music Room


At long last my music room is complete. The last band I was with had no good place to practice and I was determined that was not going to be a future problem. So I converted part of what I had been using as a boat shed to my music room. Ironically, the band I am in now, Morbid Strangers, has a practice place, but that's okay, I still have a big place to keep my stuff and a place to play music and jam, and I'll always have a place for a whole band to rehearse if necessary.

You wouldn't believe the trials and tribulations I've endured to get this project finished. I actually had to sue a couple of carpenters cause they would not come and finish the job they had started and ended up getting a different carpenter to complete it. Anyway, that's a topic for another post. I've got a place dedicated to rockin' and rollin'!

I still have some work to do. I'm planning on putting sound absorbing panels on the walls. It echos pretty bad right now.

I'll also see if I can lay hands on a few pieces of cheap furniture in case I have musician guests over.

1 comment:

  1. When does the new set of drums arrive?

    Well, that's the only thing missing for musicians to come over and jam. No one is going to drag a set of drums around for that.

    Glad you have it set up finally and can enjoy it.

    What kind of old furniture are you looking for? Chairs? Table? I might have some ideas.

    Debbie Hamilton
    Right Truth

    ReplyDelete