If you have something to say, post a comment. I will not respond to anonymous commenters, so if you care to joust with the GROUCH, open yourself a FREE GMAIL account and get yourself an ID so I'll know who you are.

If you'd like to be a guest contributor, email me at:
ka4p1@hotmail.com
Opinions of the guests are not necessarily the opinion of the GROUCH!

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Give-a-Crap-o-Meter


Click the pic for a hi res image:

In my last post, I mentioned my give-a-crap-o-meter. I am surprised that I have not said anything about it on the blog before now. You can't buy one in any store. Only ham radio operators who are electronics wizards can build one.

I have found though that in recent years, things rarely tend to get the needle to move off the "ho-hum" setting.

In other words, I rarely give a crap over much of anything.

Religiously speaking:

Verily, verily I say unto thee,
A crap I giveth not!

6 comments:

  1. You're not easily offended, unlike some folks. Can you imagine the reading of the meter for folks like PETA, the ACLU, etc.

    Debbie Hamilton
    Right Truth

    ReplyDelete
  2. you seem unusually grouchy today...

    ReplyDelete
  3. nanc, I'm grouchy every day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually Grouch, that's pretty old technology. About 18 years ago while I was working at the waffle factory, aka Quaker, I sketched a simple control circuit on the side of my thermos, for lack of any paper, with a sharpie. One of the other guys came along and asked me what the circuit was and I told him it was a Give-A-Shit detector. That the light in the circuit would light up if anything was ever said that I should give a shit about, and that thus far, it hadn't flickered.
    You, sir, have plagerized my invention!
    But, since I don't give a shit, and you don't give a crap, we're both still happy as clams.
    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually, Lizzard, I have improved on the circuit, going from a light bub to a meter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My grandfather's old dog Nick during his final days use to lay on the floor of the front porch and seldom would he raise his head for anything. He had seen it all in his youth, the tree'd squirrel, the connered possum, the box turtle he would bring to us in the woods to bash against a tree so he could eat it, and the cute young thing in heat. He just didn't seem to care anymore, until that day when grandfather looked at him and said, "Ole Nick getting old" next day Nick took his first and last ride. Grandfather was a practical man and shortly after we got our next young dog, Tiger. Unfortunately he got to the point where nothing was new, nothing was exciting, and he too took that last trip. I still give a crap about somethings, old dogs and kids, but I've seen most of the road signs and pretty well know whats round the bend. My crap-o-meter doesn't registar much anymore. Like the old song says, "missed the saturday dance,....... don't get around much anymore"

    ReplyDelete