If you have something to say, post a comment. I will not respond to anonymous commenters, so if you care to joust with the GROUCH, open yourself a FREE GMAIL account and get yourself an ID so I'll know who you are.

If you'd like to be a guest contributor, email me at:
ka4p1@hotmail.com
Opinions of the guests are not necessarily the opinion of the GROUCH!

Saturday, June 27, 2009

What I Believe - Gay People

I must admit that gay people are way way down on my list of things to be concerned about. In fact the needle on my GIVE-A-CRAP-O-METER barely moves when the subject comes up, but a lot of so called conservatives seem to get their panties in quite a knot over this issue so I'll just spout out a few opinions for everyone's amusement.

YIKES!

GAY MARRIAGE - No way. The definition of marriage is between a man and a woman. Now, if you wanna shack up with your same sex lover, that's just fine with me. Gay couples should not be beaten up or threatened. Now if someone hurts a gay person's feelings by making jokes about them, then too bad. Get over it. You have the right to be a tasteless bigot in this country. The constitution gives you no protection from getting your feelings hurt. I figure that a lot of people interested in redefining marriage have ulterior motives anyway. I wager they're looking for a break on their income tax or some other gubment goody afforded to married people. Pretty soon people would be claiming that their dog, their cat, or their horse was their spouse.

CARRIE PREJEAN

Of course, Carrie Prejean, the Miss California USA contestant got in a spot of trouble for having the same opinion as I. Cmon', what kind of question is that to ask in a beauty contest anyway? My opinion of Carrie is that she has a nice set of fake tits. You go girl!

ELLEN DEGENERES - Ya know she had a TV show on a while back. Maybe she was mildly to moderately funny, but I remember that sometimes the only thing laughing was the laugh track.

ELLEN.......yawn......

After a spell her show became unwatchable for me. Every week it seemed she would bring up gay issues on the show and frankly wallow in her gayness. If you wanna be gay, that's fine, just don't expect me to celebrate your gayness with you. Before too long, they took Ellen off. I dunno if other people like me got tired of celebrating her gayness or maybe finally the laugh track was the ONLY thing left laughing. Maybe a combination of both? Hmmmmm?

GAY NEIGHBORS - If I have any, I am not aware of it. If I had a gay neighbor bring me some fresh, home grown tomatoes, I'd be thrilled. I'd thank them. I'd be happy to watch their house when they were gone, feed their cat, help them out......you know....the things that neighbors do for each other.

GAYS IN THE MILITARY - If a person is qualified to do a job, whether it is in the civilian or military world, then I have no problem with them. Where they choose to dip their wick is really a non-issue for me. I was in the military. I knew a few people that were gay and a few more I suspected. I remember a couple of officers being "administratively discharged" because of sexual preferences. This was well before "don't ask, don't tell".

GAY PRIDE PARADES - If you wanna dress up and look and act like a freak, who am I to say no?

PARADE FLOAT

I don't imagine I'll be attending...

GAYS IN HELL - Oh some of my conservative "friends" are just sure that God hates gays and will send them all to hell. Last I heard where you end up when you die depends on your relationship with Jesus Christ. Since I can't look into another person's heart and I have no way of knowing what they think or feel, then I have no way of knowing where a gay person will end up. Besides, it's really none of my business. Bunches of Christians do bunches of things every day that I would guess don't meet with the approval of the Almighty. That doesn't mean they will end up roasting like a weenie. If that were the case, everyone would be roasting like a weenie.

SEX CHANGE OPERATIONS - Now I have always felt that you have to play the hand in life that you are dealt. Do we wish that things about our body were different than what God gave us? Sure we do. I guess that's natural, but I don't believe in going around whining and moaning my whole life away wishing something was different. Cosmetic plastic surgeons would be up a creek if people didn't want to change things.

HOME MADE SEX CHANGE OPERATION

If you're a girl and want to be a boy, ADDADICKTOME, or
if you're a boy and want to be a girl, CHOPADICKOFFAME,
and if you can afford to pay the plastic surgeon, or convince your PRIVATE insurance to cover the surgery, then go for it.

Don't come whining to me or the gubment expecting your gubment funded health insurance to pay for it. Frankly, I do not want to pay for YOUR lack of self esteem. GET OVER IT! Grow a pair, but not on my dime.

CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENT PROTECTING TRADITIONAL MARRIAGE - Ya know, I really love the constitution. It is good that the founders defined a way to amend it. The founders also made it very difficult to amend it. I figure the founders thought that an issue better be pretty damned important before you go and amend the document. Somehow I just don't think that a definition of marriage warrants an amendment. Like with everything else, abortion included, let the voters of each state decide these issues, keep the courts out of it, and let the will of the people prevail.

POWER TO THE PEOPLE! RIGHT ON! RIGHT ON!

Grouch, signing off!

7 comments:

  1. Well a very nice post. I think most Conservatives probably believe the same way you and I do. I've known a few gays in my life and they were lovely people. They had jobs, friends, paid their bills, didn't push their life style off on me. I don't go along with their same-sexness, but that's a decision they have made and they will have to deal with.

    One thing that bothers me is schools that push the trans-gender, blah blah blah stuff on little kids who are probably to young to understand heterosexual sex. Why confuse them further. I never thought sex-education classes were good.

    Debbie Hamilton
    Right Truth</a

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice comment, my darlin'!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gays, actually I have very little use for them, but seldom get in an uproar about what they do unless they demand special privilages or rights that others don't have. I have had them come on to me in the past and that I find repugnant! I say give them a watermelon!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, Thomas and Debbie. As a Christian, my POV is that gay men have a lifestyle that is Scripturally condemned. The Bible is silent regarding lesbianism.

    If they would that they were not this way, the Lord is always there to listen and provide change if they truly desire it.

    Gay men have no Biblical defense; they are doomed if they stand in defiance of their Creator's will and defend their position.

    But please remember that God is always open to repentence when it comes from the heart and in the name of His Son.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ron Russell, thanks for the comment. I've never had one come on to me that I know of.

    David (DW), your scriptural interpretation is most likely correct, but I don't feel it is my business to shake my finger and say you're hell bound bacause you're gay. It is between the person and God. I have no doubt that God will make the right decision.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Bible says,"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone"
    "Judge not, lest ye be judged", etc.
    I'm too busy worrying about my sins, foibles, follies to try to take the time to judge others!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, Lizzard, you better watch those foibles.

    ReplyDelete