If you have something to say, post a comment. I will not respond to anonymous commenters, so if you care to joust with the GROUCH, open yourself a FREE GMAIL account and get yourself an ID so I'll know who you are.

If you'd like to be a guest contributor, email me at:
ka4p1@hotmail.com
Opinions of the guests are not necessarily the opinion of the GROUCH!

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The Surgeon General of Midway


I suppose most of you have at least heard of Midway Island, probably fewer of you could find it on a map. In the winter of 1981 I had an opportunity to spend a little time there. I thought I might take this opportunity to share some of my experiences there and post a few pictures. I'm working today; so not much time for blogging, so I'll put up some multi part posts over the next few days. I'll talk about the geology and history of the island, the naval operation there, ham radio, gooney birds, and other stuff. Hope you enjoy watching and reading about the Surgeon General of Midway.

1 comment:

  1. Don't forget to tell about the interesting flight home.

    Debbie Hamilton
    Right Truth

    ReplyDelete