If you have something to say, post a comment. I will not respond to anonymous commenters, so if you care to joust with the GROUCH, open yourself a FREE GMAIL account and get yourself an ID so I'll know who you are.

If you'd like to be a guest contributor, email me at:
ka4p1@hotmail.com
Opinions of the guests are not necessarily the opinion of the GROUCH!

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

6 Months for Yawning

I just read this story where some dude got 6 months in jail for yawning in court. Boy, I'll be in trouble if I ever end up in front of that judge! I gotta believe there is more to this story than a simple yawn.

I used to yawn real big in senior English class in high school. The teacher really hated my young ass.

Click HERE to read the whole story.

2 comments:

  1. The article says "As the judge sentenced Mayfield to two years probation, Williams [cousin to Mayfield] let out a yawn, ... Circuit Judge Daniel Rozak thought the yawn was criminal and sentenced Williams to six months in jail, the maximum penalty for contempt of court without a jury trial. Rozak's order said that Williams "raised his hands while at the same time making a loud yawning sound," causing a disrespectful interruption in court."

    The just obviously did not thing this was "an involuntary action", but perceived it to be an intentional insult to the judge and his ruling. Judges choice.

    Deborah F. Hamilton
    Right Truth
    http://www.righttruth.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. Should have said "The JUDGE obviously did not THINK this was...

    Sorry for the typo, it's late.

    Sleep tonight my sweet.

    Deborah F. Hamilton
    Right Truth
    http://www.righttruth.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete