If you have something to say, post a comment. I will not respond to anonymous commenters, so if you care to joust with the GROUCH, open yourself a FREE GMAIL account and get yourself an ID so I'll know who you are.

If you'd like to be a guest contributor, email me at:
ka4p1@hotmail.com
Opinions of the guests are not necessarily the opinion of the GROUCH!

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Let's Do Something, Even if it's Wrong!

What is it with some of these Republican politicians anyway? Why do they feel they need to "cross the aisle"? Why the need for BIPARTISANSHIP? I get so sick of hearing that word.

In my opinion two of the best times for the country are:
1. When the congress is in recess.
2. When the congress is in gridlock.

These are the times when they are doing absolutely NOTHING. I'm here to tell you boys and girls that NOTHING is the best thing for all of us.

Can any of you remember when congress passed a law that really did something good for you, made your life a hell of a lot better, and did not burden you with ridiculous rules or regulations? Hell, I can't remember one save for maybe the Bush tax cuts!

Here is an excerpt from one of the local newspapers, concerning senator Bob Corker's recent town hall meeting here:

“I know that much of what you read and see on television talks about the partisanship that exists in Washington and how people are divided down party lines and nothing constructive happens as a result,” Corker told the crowd. “I want you to know there is also a lot of folks who try to work together to get things done.”
Corker mentioned several examples of bipartisan legislation he is introducing along with democrats in order to benefit the country.

Hell senator, I don't want you working with Dimocrats! All you guys do is royally screw things up! All I want you to do is print money (you guys are good at that) and defend the shores. That's about it! And how about standing up for true conservative principles once in a while?

It's hard for me to understand these RINO's. Are they evil people? No, I think most of them are decent people. Have they been in politics too long? Maybe, another argument for term limits for everyone. Maybe they JUST DON'T GET IT! I think that may explain most of it.

Well, I think I'm gonna have a sweet Wifey mixed drink and head for bed.

1 comment:

  1. I'll be glad to fix you something to calm your nerves and keep you heart-healthy, sweet hubby. (Arn't we just sticky sweet!)

    For some reason, being a "moderate", working across the isle, has become something of a successful banner to wave for some politicians.

    To me it just means thy have non standards, no foundation, no true beliefs.

    What we need are some "fundamentalist Conservatives", which means politicians who believe in certain standards and are willing to stand up for those, live their lives by those, and not stray from those.

    I believe the Left would call those "radicals", or "mobs", but so be it.

    What's the saying, "If you don't stand for something ...." and what about the scripture,"be ye either HOT or COLD, but if lukewarm I will spew you out of my mouth."

    In layman's terms, "grow a pair".

    Deborah F. Hamilton
    Right Truth
    http://www.righttruth.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete