If you have something to say, post a comment. I will not respond to anonymous commenters, so if you care to joust with the GROUCH, open yourself a FREE GMAIL account and get yourself an ID so I'll know who you are.

If you'd like to be a guest contributor, email me at:
ka4p1@hotmail.com
Opinions of the guests are not necessarily the opinion of the GROUCH!

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Woe is Me!

Sometimes it seems like there just is not much reason to cheer. I got a call from the Republican party this evening, begging for money of course. The girl on the other end with her recording and perfectly rehearsed speech told me oh so gleefully how the Republicans were going to take back the house in 2010 and John Boehner was going to be the new Speaker of the House. Of course my donation of $75 dollars was necessary to make this happen.

I told her that I would love to send her some money but regretfully I could not. I told her that one of my senators, Lamar Alexander, voted for Sonya Sotomayor, the liberal and racist judge. I told her that I had told Lamar not to do it, but that he did it anyway. I told her I had been betrayed by yet another Republican.

I told her that my other senator, Bob Corker, held a recent town hall meeting here. Sadly, all he could talk about was all the new BIPARTISAN bills he was going to introduce, working with Democrats. Last year, when senator Corker became part of the gang of ten over the oil drilling issue, I told him I was not interested in him working with Democrats. Rather I wanted him to act like a conservative. He decided to work with Democrats anyway. Betrayed again.

I told the young lady on the phone that when my elected officials started acting like conservatives and quit compromising conservative values by crossing the aisle to work with Democrats, that I would consider contributing again. I also told her that the two senators we had right now needed to either resign or change parties. If they're gonna act like Democrats, they ought to be Democrats.

I told her that if she wanted a contribution from me, she could call senator Alexander and convince him to resign. She could then call me back and I'd give her some money.

I was polite. The girl on the other end was speechless. After I hung up I told sweet Wifey that it was a shame that we seemingly have nobody to turn to. I hate the Democrats and I hate the Republicans almost as much.

Not much of a choice is it? Communists or spineless RINO's? What's it gonna be?

You can bet that by the end of the year, we'll get some kind of healthcare reform signed into law. Granted it will probably be some kind of watered down legislation and not at all what dear leader Obama had in mind, but some gang of Republican idiots will get together and cross the aisle to see that it gets done.

2 comments:

  1. You understand the situation perfection:

    " ...by the end of the year, we'll get some kind of healthcare reform signed into law. Granted it will probably be some kind of watered down legislation and not at all what dear leader Obama had in mind, but some gang of Republican idiots will get together and cross the aisle to see that it gets done."

    I've gotten my share of these tpe calls, usually they want you to listen to a recorded/canned message from their particular candidate, then they come back with the live volunteer, who reads from his/her script. If you get them off script, they have no idea what to say.

    This leads me tom many conclusions. One, are the Republicans so bad off that we can't do any better than volunteers who have no mind of their own, who cannot answer questions posed by the people they have just contacted, but can only read from a script?

    I've told all my callers the same things you mentioned. I did praise Marsha Blackurn on her work, she may have some problems, but over all I think she's a keeper.

    The sole purpose of these calls is not really to get your opinion on anything, it's to get you to commit to donating some money, the bigger the amount the better, but ANY amount will do.

    I'm "Hope'in and pray'in and whishin'" as the song goes, that those already in office will get the message, but I don't really see that happening. Neither of them are up for re-election in the Senate any time soon.

    For now sweet Hubby and I will keep our money and see what happens. If a candidate worthy of our hard-earned money surfaces, then we will contribute to THEM, not the national Republican party.

    I'm so thankful the grouch is my sweet hubby. There are so many flaming liberals out there I could have gotten stuck with.

    Deborah F. Hamilton
    Right Truth
    http://www.righttruth.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. WELL SAID, Grouch and Debbie!!!

    That's why I voted for Ron Paul last election. As far as I know right now, I will never vote for another Republican OR Democrat as long as I am able minded enough to vote...

    ReplyDelete