If you have something to say, post a comment. I will not respond to anonymous commenters, so if you care to joust with the GROUCH, open yourself a FREE GMAIL account and get yourself an ID so I'll know who you are.

If you'd like to be a guest contributor, email me at:
ka4p1@hotmail.com
Opinions of the guests are not necessarily the opinion of the GROUCH!

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Another Legal Dilemma - Will Someone Please Explain This?

A reader, whose wife is an ICU nurse, was lamenting the fact that the ICU's are full of deadbeats who intentionally take overdoses, suffer from alcohol induced ailments and other catastrophes, all at the expense of us folks who work and make our own way through life. They finally get better, check out against medical advice, and then return at a later date to be jerked back from the brink of oblivion once again at tremendous expense.

I also pointed out to my reader that in the event that the deadbeat suffers a bad result, that deadbeat will indeed be the first to go get a lawyer and sue the doctors, the hospital, the dogcatcher, and anyone else the lawyer can think of. When you do things that land you in an ICU, there is a pretty good chance that sooner or later you're going to have a "bad result".

I have a question: How is it that people who do not have a pot to piss in nor a window to throw it out of, always manage to have a lawyer? They always do, yet you ask them about their doctor and they don't seem to have one, don't have insurance, and can't afford an office visit. Last time I checked, these damned shark lawyers do not work for free.

I love it when drug seekers threaten me with their lawyer. A while back a hydrocodone seeker said to me, "If you don't gimme my hydros, I'm gonna call my lawyer!"

I calmly went into the ER office and returned with the yellow pages. Slamming it on the table in front of the hydro seeker, I exclaimed, "Let's call that SOB lawyer of yours. I wanna tell him what a scumbag he's got for a client!"

The hydro seeker left without another word. Life is good!

2 comments:

  1. Love that thing with the yellow pages, heh.

    You left out one thing... They all seem to have money for their DRUGS...

    Deborah F. Hamilton
    Right Truth
    http://www.righttruth.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Explains why most trial lawyers are Demons.

    ReplyDelete