If you have something to say, post a comment. I will not respond to anonymous commenters, so if you care to joust with the GROUCH, open yourself a FREE GMAIL account and get yourself an ID so I'll know who you are.

If you'd like to be a guest contributor, email me at:
ka4p1@hotmail.com
Opinions of the guests are not necessarily the opinion of the GROUCH!

Friday, October 16, 2009

And So the Meddling Begins


I got this from Elite Emergency Services, the company with which I am contracted:



Attention All Physicians/Medical Professionals with Elite Emergency

Holly Fowler ,CEO of Henderson County Community Hospital, has brought to the attention of Elite Staff, that CHS is now requiring that all physicians and other medical professionals get the flu/influenza inoculation and turn the attached sheet to her. Elite will collect the document for each Elite physician/medical professional and get them to Ms. Fowler on your behalf. If you do not work for Henderson you must still get Elite this paper since all of the facilities are going to eventually require the inoculation this season.

If you have not had the flu inoculation please do so at your earliest convenience and fax the completed sheet to 615-778-0209.

If you have already taken the flu inoculation please complete the form as soon as possible and fax back to Elite @ 615-778-0209

I know this may come as an inconveience, but this year is going to be the worse for flu/influenza cases. (SAYS WHO?)

It makes sense for all medical professionals to have the inoculation.

I have also attached a document about the flu/influenza and how its going to effect the communities/individuals/children in which you serve, as well as some other useful information. This was provided by The Centers for Diease Control and Prevention.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation in this important matter.

Well now, here we go again! Someone else trying to tell physicians what to do. If you're a regular reader, you'll know that I already took both of the flu shots. I did it because I wanted to protect myself, not because someone from the United Nanny States of America thought it was a good idea. If I were not at high risk for catching the flu I might have simply adopted the Rush Limbaugh doctrine: "SCREW YOU!"

Anyway, here is my reply to Elite:

It would be interesting to see what kind of legal battles might ensue if Henderson County tried to force physicians to take influenza vaccine.

I recall nothing in my contract requiring that I take any such vaccine.

Since I do not work at Henderson County I guess the point is moot.

However, be advised that I do not intend to provide Elite or anyone else a document proving that I have had flu vaccines.

I am not inclined to do anything just because some government agency said that I must. In fact, it is none of the government's damned business what I do or don't do. It is because of years of unquestioning capitulation to the government that we find ourselves in the mess we are in today.

Dr. Hamilton


GEEZ!

UPDATE: I already got a message from Elite backing off on the "requirement".

3 comments:

  1. Very interesting. Keep us informed of any further updates.

    Deborah F. Hamilton
    Right Truth
    http://www.righttruth.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does seen at time when they come down with these so-called mandatory requirements, but are faced with someone not complying they often back down. Its almost like they are aware they have over-stepped their authority.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure they just thought all of us would go along with the "requirement" without question.

    If doctors had stood up beginning in 1964 when Medicare was invented and said, "Not NO, but HELL NO." when the gubment invented one ridiculous regulation after another, we would not be in the mess we are in today.

    Instead, the AMA (buncha damned liberals), of which I AM NOT A MEMBER, gleefully jumped in to bed with the gubment at every opportunity, little by little giving our freedom away until now doctors are nothing more than indentured servants of Uncle Sam.

    ReplyDelete