If you have something to say, post a comment. I will not respond to anonymous commenters, so if you care to joust with the GROUCH, open yourself a FREE GMAIL account and get yourself an ID so I'll know who you are.

If you'd like to be a guest contributor, email me at:
ka4p1@hotmail.com
Opinions of the guests are not necessarily the opinion of the GROUCH!

Friday, October 23, 2009

My How Far the Mighty Have Fallen!

In Greek mythology, the Titans were a race of powerful deities that ruled during the legendary Golden Age.

Titan is the largest moon of Saturn.

Titan is a large and powerful rocket booster built by the U.S.

Whenever you hear the word Titan, you think of something grand and powerful.

Then there are the Tennessee Titans.......hmmmm, 0-6 for the season with a humiliating 59-0 loss to the New England Patriots last week. My how far the great and mighty have fallen, from a 10-0 start last year to 0-6.

Their best game so far was their opening loss to the Steelers. It's been downhill ever since.

I'm a fan but I don't pretend to know about all the intricacies and technicalities of the game. Seems as if there is a lot of talent on the team. I know they've had to contend with injuries especially on defense, but 0-6? I just don't get it. September and October are great months, but it's been a little tough for a Tennessee fan this year. The Tennessee VOLS 3-3 so far are likely in store for a royal ass whupping tomorrow at the hands of the powerful Alabama Crimson Tide, and then they have South Carolina next week.

The only good news it seems is that the Titans have a bye this Sunday. That'll give us a couple of weeks to forget how much they really suck.

5 comments:

  1. I wondered how you were doing with this...
    I have been there, man, and it is the pits! Trying desperately to stay out of the pits this year here in Bengaldom.
    Enjoy the bye. And keep the faith!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw I'm not losing any sleep over it but I long for the Titans of old, I guess back in the Steve McNair, Eddie George, Frank Wycheck days. Win or lose with the Titans they were always exciting.

    Lately, I'm finding myself turning off the game in the middle of the third quarter.

    The performance against the Patriots was depressing.

    Next year is a long way off and I'm not getting any younger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a football fan at all, but I do enjoy watching the home team, Titans play... sitting on the couch with my honey and Beagle. The Titans are so bad this year, I can't force myself to watch.

    Deborah F. Hamilton
    Right Truth
    http://www.righttruth.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now ya know how all of us Saints fans have felt for SO long...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fred, you've got a lot to cheer about this year with New Orleans. They look great.

    ReplyDelete