If you have something to say, post a comment. I will not respond to anonymous commenters, so if you care to joust with the GROUCH, open yourself a FREE GMAIL account and get yourself an ID so I'll know who you are.

If you'd like to be a guest contributor, email me at:
ka4p1@hotmail.com
Opinions of the guests are not necessarily the opinion of the GROUCH!

Thursday, October 15, 2009

No Steenkin Swine Flu for Me!

Go read sweet wifey's post about flu shots at RIGHT TRUTH.

Well, I also got my H1N1 today. I got my seasonal vaccine a couple of weeks ago.

Now let me say that I did not get the shots because anyone said I had to get them. The fact of the matter is that my risk of exposure is HIGH mainly because of the people that rush up here to be tested only to be told there is nothing to be done.

The CDC by the way is advising AGAINST Tamiflu at this time. We are told the drug is minimally effective and causes emergence of resistance by the virus. So with the exception of very high risk cases with comorbidities, the treatment is rest, tylenol, ibuprofen, and time......at least that is what the CDC is saying this week. They may change their mind again next week.

I have noticed that several of the nurse practitioners are still handing Tamiflu out like candy. I saw one case today who had a NEGATIVE flu test and was given Tamiflu anyway. Oh doncha just love those nurse practitioners? The patient was not better the next day so they rushed to the ER.

"Take Tylenol and Ibuprofen! That'll be a few hundred bux please! "

I can't wait until later on in the winter when both the swine and the seasonal flu get going together full blast! The nurse practitioners will go nuts!

Anyway, I took the vaccines. I have no time to lay on the couch for a week running fever and feeling like crap. When one of our docs is out sick, it puts an extreme burden on the whole system.

If they pass Obamacare, the gubment will find that out when a bunch of us retire early.

Yall take care.

Dang! I can't feel my left arm or my right leg! What's this huge fungating rash on my privates? Why do I suddenly have the urge to squeal like a pig????

1 comment:

  1. I had not heard that about the Tamiflu. I don't guess we need to get any to keep here at home them.



    Deborah F. Hamilton
    Right Truth
    http://www.righttruth.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete