If you have something to say, post a comment. I will not respond to anonymous commenters, so if you care to joust with the GROUCH, open yourself a FREE GMAIL account and get yourself an ID so I'll know who you are.

If you'd like to be a guest contributor, email me at:
ka4p1@hotmail.com
Opinions of the guests are not necessarily the opinion of the GROUCH!

Monday, October 26, 2009

A Particular Evil Drug Company Annoys Me!

I get one of these in the mail, EVERY MONTH!

If you'll click on the image, you'll see that it is a letter from City Drug Store reminding me to get my prescription for Avandia. Well, it's not really from City Drug Store (which is not in Wilmington, MA.), it's from the makers of Avandia, GlaxoSmithKline.

Now if I got one of these every once in a blue moon, I'd say, "Well that's nice they were thinking of me."

When I get two of them I'd say, "Oops, they made a mistake."

When I get three of them back to back I say, "They're beginning to annoy the #$%&@ out of me!"

So far this year, I've gotten 9 of them. "They're really pissing me off!"

Avandia is one of those way overpriced drugs (no generics yet) from that evil drug company, GlaxoSmithKline. And it is apparent to me that they don't really give a hoot in hell about my health or well being. They just don't want me to forget to go buy their way overpriced drug...................like I'm some kinda moron or something!

Now just think of all the dead trees, the printing costs, the postage costs, and the enormous carbon footprint generated by sending these monthly reminders out to everyone taking Avandia. Not to mention the extra carbon footprint generated by me due to the energy expended as I throw the thing in the trash. You can bet your sweet ass that I'm not the only one that gets these.

I'd rather they would halt the mailouts and shave some of the price off the drug instead.

DAMNED EVIL DRUG COMPANY. YOU JUST WAIT UNTIL BARACK GETS DONE WITH YOU!

2 comments:

  1. I wondered what those were. What if every drug company sent one our for every drug you take, or every drug anybody takes. That would really count up to a lot of wasted money.

    Deborah F. Hamilton
    Right Truth
    http://www.righttruth.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grouch, sounds like you are turning into one of those spaced out environmentist talking about carbon footprints and the likes. They guys are getting to you!

    ReplyDelete