If you have something to say, post a comment. I will not respond to anonymous commenters, so if you care to joust with the GROUCH, open yourself a FREE GMAIL account and get yourself an ID so I'll know who you are.

If you'd like to be a guest contributor, email me at:
ka4p1@hotmail.com
Opinions of the guests are not necessarily the opinion of the GROUCH!

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The People Have Spoken Loudly! The Second Amendment Lives!

Well, the second amendment is still alive in Decatur County, Tennessee. I read in the local newspaper that the county commission had reversed itself on a previous ruling that would have "opted out" of a state law allowing those with gun permits to carry weapons in county owned parks.

I wrote a letter to the editor about this very issue. See my previous post HERE. Looks like a lot of other people did some writing and calling as well. In fact I have had several of the local folks thank me in person for my letter.

The vote this time was 16 to 1 in favor of reversing the "opt out" with Gale Swift voting against. I don't know Gale Swift, but she should be voted out next election. The previous vote was 14-3 in favor of the "opt out". Looks like the county commission was taken to the woodshed. I can see them all sitting there now, "Our asses are gonna be toast next year if we don't fix this!" I betcha Gale Swift probably voted the way she did for "THE CHILDREN".

Doncha just get sick and tired of liberals trying to heap stupid ideas on us in the name of saving the children?

Oh we Decatur Countians do love our guns! Of course I think the original gang of 14 should still be voted out. The issue should be a no brainer. They should have said, "This opt out thing will violate the second amendment." and dropped the whole thing right there. Unfortunately, for 14 of them, that connection was never made. Too bad we ordinary citizens have to regularly give politicians a beating to keep them on the straight and narrow.

POWER TO THE PEOPLE! LOCK AND LOAD!

4 comments:

  1. I knew you would like this one. This shows that sometimes when the people speak, the politicians do listen.

    Deborah F. Hamilton
    Right Truth
    http://www.righttruth.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does sound like a victory for the 2nd. We need everyone we can muster. Thanks for your efforts on this vote. You took concrete action and that's always a plus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remove all restrictions on carrying firearms so parents can protect their kids.

    Do it for the children.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks all for the comments. I'll be keeping close watch on all the gubment "officials" and let them know right away when they are not following the Constitution.

    ReplyDelete