If you have something to say, post a comment. I will not respond to anonymous commenters, so if you care to joust with the GROUCH, open yourself a FREE GMAIL account and get yourself an ID so I'll know who you are.

If you'd like to be a guest contributor, email me at:
ka4p1@hotmail.com
Opinions of the guests are not necessarily the opinion of the GROUCH!

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Warm Drive

The winter solstice has passed and the days are finally getting longer again. We're starting to enter the dreariest time of the year for me.......January and February. The skies are gray. The cold north wind cuts like a knife and it's darker more than it is light. What a depressing time.

Even now though I can find a tidbit that will make me smile. I started up the truck a few minutes before I headed to work this morning. When it's finally time to go, the morning air is cold and chilling. It's still dark.

As I drive along in the darkness I feel the warmth from the hot gasoline fire bathing my feet. I turn up the fan a notch. Boy that feels good.......almost like slipping into a warm bath. Half way there I think that it would be nice if I had an hour's drive ahead of me instead of just a few more minutes. I don't really want to leave the nice warm truck.

At my destination I shut off the engine and just sit for a spell. All is quiet. I head in to the chamber of horrors for another day's work.

Winter will be over in another couple of months..............I can't wait.

2 comments:

  1. You sound a lot like me. These days winter is not my time. In days gone by when I spents days and hours hunting the elusive prey I would enjoy this time of year, but now its a depressing time and I too will be glad when the first green leafs began to bud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only 134 days til Dayton! That oughta warm ya up! You kin see me then!

    ReplyDelete