If you have something to say, post a comment. I will not respond to anonymous commenters, so if you care to joust with the GROUCH, open yourself a FREE GMAIL account and get yourself an ID so I'll know who you are.

If you'd like to be a guest contributor, email me at:
ka4p1@hotmail.com
Opinions of the guests are not necessarily the opinion of the GROUCH!

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Moderation

Well, the temperature has been near 60 for the last 3 or 4 days. There was a lot more ice on the water than I thought cause it took it about that long for it all to melt. The problem is that when it gets above 50 this time of year it usually rains and true to form there was a slow steady rain all night last night.

Good sleeping weather, it was like a soft continuous melody on our metal roof. I can put up with 40's and 50's, in fact after teens and single digits it feels downright balmy, but I'm realistic. We're not a month beyond the winter solstice so I figure some more brutal stuff is yet to come. There are only 3 football games left (if you don't count the Pro Bowl). Pretty soon it will just be cold wind and gray skies until spring. Woe is me!

2 comments:

  1. Nothing like the sound of rain on a tin roof. My first few years of teaching were spend living in an old share cropper house on my grandfathers place--no insulation and all the sounds came straight through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, the pitter patter was going again all last night.

    ReplyDelete