If you have something to say, post a comment. I will not respond to anonymous commenters, so if you care to joust with the GROUCH, open yourself a FREE GMAIL account and get yourself an ID so I'll know who you are.

If you'd like to be a guest contributor, email me at:
ka4p1@hotmail.com
Opinions of the guests are not necessarily the opinion of the GROUCH!

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Only the Beginning

Well the Arizona Mayo Clinic is going to start requiring cash payment from as many as 3000 medicare patients. According to the article, the Arizona facility lost 120 million dollars treating medicare patients last year. The entire Mayo organization lost 840 million on medicare patients.

According to the Mayo Clinic, "the U.S. Government pays too little" and “It has been true for many years that Medicare payments no longer reflect the increasing cost of providing services for patients.”

Across the country there are many anecdotes of physicians dropping medicare patients from their rolls and refusing to enroll new medicare patients. I have heard of a few across the country that have dumped medicare entirely and gone to a cash only system for seniors.

Said Lori Heim, president of the American Academy of Family Physicians, in a telephone interview, “Many physicians have said, ‘I simply cannot afford to keep taking care of Medicare patients,’” said Heim, a family doctor who practices in Laurinburg, North Carolina. “If you truly know your business costs and you are losing money, it doesn’t make sense to do more of it.”

My friends, this is an ominous sign of things to come. As Obama and the Dimocrats continue to shove this unwanted "healthcare reform" down our throats, I can see the development of a two tier care system. Those who can afford to pay cash for services will receive quality and preferential care. The rest will slide misreably onto the mediocrity of the gubment option (it's really not an option when you don't have a choice), where they will receive pain pills instead of quality care and be at the mercy of death panels.

I wonder what is next? What happens when the majority of doctors opt out of medicare and the gubment option in favor of cash only or private insurance? Will the all powerful and all intrusive federal gubment pass a law mandating that doctors see those on the gubment dole? Well, I guess if they think they can force YOU to buy health insurance, they can also FORCE me to work when and where they want me to work. Welcome to the People's Republic or America!

I'm glad I'm nearing retirement.

4 comments:

  1. Can I link this to my facebook page? Do I have your permission?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel free to link to anything here, anytime.

    ReplyDelete