If you have something to say, post a comment. I will not respond to anonymous commenters, so if you care to joust with the GROUCH, open yourself a FREE GMAIL account and get yourself an ID so I'll know who you are.

If you'd like to be a guest contributor, email me at:
ka4p1@hotmail.com
Opinions of the guests are not necessarily the opinion of the GROUCH!

Friday, January 22, 2010

Tattoos revisited - AGAIN

This stuff is just too good to let go by. Here's another comment on my original post "Pretty Girls, Ugly Girls, Tattoos, Jobs, Welfare, Life's Little Decisions"

This from Shannon:



Shannon said...

I found this extremely close-minded, albeit well explained as to why you feel the way you do. I have a half-sleeve and various other large tattoos, yet they look classy. I agree with you and Stella that some tattoos are stupid and some trashy, but there are so many types that you really can't categorize them all into one negative slot. It's like saying there are no good nude paintings in the world. Sure, some may find them distasteful, but clearly there is beauty in each, depending on who is looking. I worked at a tattoo shop and saw some of the most ridiculous tattoo ideas find permanence on people's bodies, but I also saw very touching and very beautiful pieces that made me admire the person for their creativity. I have my BA in Health Psychology and hold a great job, so I can assure you that tattoos hold nothing against high grades and a good personality. This is a new generation, and I honestly find it thrilling, I'm sorry you feel the way you do. By the way, that welfare comment was silly. I don't think people on welfare can afford or are primarily concerned with tattoos.
My delightful reply:
Shannon,

Welcome to the Grouch at Right Truth,

I am glad that you think your tattoos look "classy". Unfortunately I have never seen a tattoo on anybody that I thought was classy. Adjectives such as hideous, ugly, and stupid come to mind and as I stated in my original post many if not most of my rich white male friends (who provide most of the jobs for the masses) think so as well. Now I may very well be narrow minded but I have a lot of company.

Now it is just great that you have your tattoos and also have a great job. In fact as long as you pull your weight in life and fend for yourself I don't give a damn what you do. You can paint yourself purple, stand on your head and pee out your belly button for all I care.

My welfare comment was NOT silly. Your reaction to this speaks volumes to the fact that you apparently live in a bubble and have very little real life experience.

In my line of work I see plenty of people day after day, most of them covered with tattoos, also carrying cell phones, cigarettes, smell of alcohol, have 3 or 4 kids, they don't work, they come in waving their Tenncare (welfare, medicaid) cards, demanding that I refill their narcotic prescriptions, and cursing me when I won't do it.......you get the idea.

These people have no trouble coming up with the money for all the things I mentioned above, including tattoos, yet they would be offended at the suggestion they pay something for their health care or God forbid, get a damned job!


I am surprised Barack Obama has not proposed gubment funded tattoos for all.

Silly my ass! Get a clue, Shannon.

Grouch

She's probably a nice girl, but let's face it, religiously speaking:

Behold what thou utterest, thou knowest not! 

7 comments:

  1. Grouch,

    I personally like to call them tramp stamps!

    I can only imagine how many of these young beautiful girls will rue the day they got their ink as they get older and they don't look quite as beautiful!

    Lock & Load!!!

    Sons & Daughters of Liberty Unite!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. L, the bottom line here is that these people put their "right" to express themselves and show their individualism over the need to make good life decisions.

    If there is an obvious choice between getting a stupid tattoo or getting a better job, many of them will go with the stupid tattoo and then whine cause they missed out on the good job.

    It's all about choices. The choice to drink and drive. The choice to do drugs. The choice to go bungee jumping etc.

    If you CHOOSE to walk a tightrope over the Grand Canyon, don't complain when you fall down and go boom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grouch,

    I like the way you think! I hope we can still be friends when my lovely bride and I move to Tennessee and I am decked in glorious Gator Orange & Blue!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I imagine you'll have to shed the Orange and Blue.......just keep the Orange.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't do my friend! Besides Gator orange is a much prettier shade!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well (L), I really don't give a doodoo what foosball colors ye wears, cause I don't give a hoot. But the tattoos are a different matter. I DO hire people to work. If I have a choice between a tattooed individual and a clean cut (aka clean bodied) individual, guess which one I am gonna opt for. Yup, you got it, no sleeves, tattoos or anything else ya want to call it. Am I right in my thinking? I don't know. But, in ten years of the hiring and firing business, I have NEVER had to fire a "clean cut" individual. Have I had to get rid of, strictly due to job performance, a tattooed individual? Sadly, YES! Actually, I have had the best employees to be, black male, ex-military, with a couple of notable exceptions!
    Go figger!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lizzard, the tattoo post was one of the bestest I ever put up. I'll got for a spell and hear nothing, then someone will stop by and try and justify their questionable life decisions.

    It is the gift that just keeps on giving.

    ReplyDelete