If you have something to say, post a comment. I will not respond to anonymous commenters, so if you care to joust with the GROUCH, open yourself a FREE GMAIL account and get yourself an ID so I'll know who you are.

If you'd like to be a guest contributor, email me at:
ka4p1@hotmail.com
Opinions of the guests are not necessarily the opinion of the GROUCH!

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Weathering the Storm

 
Well, the winter storm could have been worse. We got maybe 5 inches of snow and then it sleeted on top of that, so the snow is encrusted with a layer of ice. Let me tell you, it is slicker than owl sh*t.


Fortunately, we did not get a major ice storm. I did not notice any tree damage at all and we never lost power, so I'm thankful for that. Wifey and I both spread some salt around and I crunched out to the vehicles, got the doors open, started them up, and got at least some of the ice off the glass so they could be driven if necessary.
 
 My weather report say high of 27 tomorrow and high of 41 Monday, so looks like I'm stuck with sweet wifey and Penny for a while...........not a bad deal............

Sweet wifey (she is pretty sweet) has some more pictures on her blog if you're interested.

2 comments:

  1. Good pictures. I didn't venture out as far as you did to take mine. Sue asked for some pictures of our place in better weather, so I posted some from last April.

    It certainly isn't a chore to be housebound with my sweet hubby and sweet Penny. Plenty of heat, food, entertainment. Love, peace and quiet, what more could we ask for? I'm thankful.

    Debbie
    Right Truth
    http://www.righttruth.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. & Mrs. Grouch,

    I hope this global warming thing hurries up. This Florida Cracker is going to freeze his butt off when we move to Tennessee!

    PS: I should not call your wife Mrs. Grouch, from now on it will be Debbie!

    Lock & Load!!!

    Sons & Daughters of Liberty Unite!!!

    ReplyDelete