If you have something to say, post a comment. I will not respond to anonymous commenters, so if you care to joust with the GROUCH, open yourself a FREE GMAIL account and get yourself an ID so I'll know who you are.

If you'd like to be a guest contributor, email me at:
ka4p1@hotmail.com
Opinions of the guests are not necessarily the opinion of the GROUCH!

Friday, February 26, 2010

Musician's Friend Update

Well I spoke with a fellow today named Paul Christensen. He is the director of Contact Center Operations and Customer Service for Musician's Friend. He sent me a blog message and gave me his PERSONAL 1-800 number and invited me to call. He wanted to know about the problems I had had with Musician's Friend and wanted to see if he could win my business back.

I explained to him my many frustrating escapades with his company over my MacBook Pro computer. You can go HERE to read about my trouble if you didn't see it the first time.

He admitted that my situation had been handled badly. Evidently they have had real problems with credit card fraud and MacBook Pros. According to Paul a majority of credit card orders for this computer are made by people with stolen cards and by identity thieves. I dunno why the MacBook is such a target for this problem but apparently it is. That's no excuse for my treatment, but that's the deal.

I did suggest to him that if customers experience problems like mine, they should be given some sort of case number and referred to a particular person each and every time until the problem is resolved. One of my major frustrations was that every time I called Musician's Friend I got a different person. Some seemed at least partially knowledgeable and helpful while others seemed completely clueless.

And really.....if they knew of these problems, why not just take the computer off the website or at least post some kind of warning before I sent them the credit card number? I could have gotten the computer from Best Buy and saved my gift certificate for something else from Musician's Friend and probably would never have experienced the anger and the hassle. I usually do pretty well if I know what is going on ahead of time. It's unpleasant surprises I don't like.

Anyway, I have Paul's number and he gave me his direct email address. He said that the next time I was ready to make a big purchase to notify him first and he would give me a special price to make up for my previous trouble. I don't need anything right now, but large items sometimes are needed on short notice for the band so I'll let the guys know to let me run interference the next time we have a need.

I appreciated the opportunity to talk to Paul. It was nice that he took the time to listen. I guess I'll let Musician's Friend out of the doghouse. I really do like their website.....you can spend a lot of time there just pointing and clicking and smiling.

1 comment:

  1. I think is says a lot about Musicians Friend that he contacted you in an effort to win your business back. Bad news about a company travels fast, especially with the internet, blogs, discussion boards, etc. This will go far in improving the company's image.

    Also I bet that he takes your advice and suggests the changes in dealing with customer problems to the board (whoever). This may lead to some changes.

    Debbie
    Right Truth
    http://www.righttruth.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete