If you have something to say, post a comment. I will not respond to anonymous commenters, so if you care to joust with the GROUCH, open yourself a FREE GMAIL account and get yourself an ID so I'll know who you are.

If you'd like to be a guest contributor, email me at:
ka4p1@hotmail.com
Opinions of the guests are not necessarily the opinion of the GROUCH!

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Paralyzed Gubment

I just read a chilling article by Pat Buchanan called "November's Consequence: A paralyzed government". Buchanan posits that after November, Republicans will resist tooth and nail the oncoming middle class tax increases (needed according to him to erase the debt) while at the same time the Dimocrats will resist tooth and nail the oncoming cuts in social and entitlement programs(also required to erase the debt). Absolute paralysis! Absolute gridlock! I actually think that such a scenario would be very painful for a long long time but eventually might be for the best. I would just as soon keep congress in recess for perpetuity, but if I can't have that, gridlock is fine. If they are completely locked, they can't be passing more stupid laws that put us into deeper trouble. We can't really start whining and whining, folks. It the fault of the non-term limited nitwits in Warshington and it's our fault that we keep sending them there. Go read Pat's article. The hair on the back of my neck was standing up when I was done.

1 comment:

  1. Just finished a Zogby poll that had quite a few interesting questions on the current politics, the budget, government spending. I look forward to seeing the results.

    I don't know what the answer is, but more spending is certainly not it.

    Debbie
    Right Truth
    http://www.righttruth.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete