If you have something to say, post a comment. I will not respond to anonymous commenters, so if you care to joust with the GROUCH, open yourself a FREE GMAIL account and get yourself an ID so I'll know who you are.

If you'd like to be a guest contributor, email me at:
ka4p1@hotmail.com
Opinions of the guests are not necessarily the opinion of the GROUCH!

Sunday, April 25, 2010

A Close Call at Lost Creek

Well we had some rough weather and a fairly close call here at Lost Creek yesterday. An apparent tornado went through the north part of the county, about 8 or 9 miles north of here, and did some extensive property damage. As far as we know, nobody was hurt or killed but there were some people cut off and trapped for a period of time mainly due to fallen trees.

Things were actually pretty calm here during all this and I wasn't excited when the tornado warning was issued because I had been watching the supercell on radar for some time. I could see it was going to pass to the north. I could easily see the cloud rotating on the radial wind velocity screen so I was afraid somebody was going to get slammed pretty bad.

Anyway we have nice weather today, everyone is cleaning up, and all is well at Lost Creek.

Go HERE and HERE and HERE to read all about it.

3 comments:

  1. You're lucky. You could have been like some of those residents who had to evacuate to the DEERFIELD! heh

    Debbie
    Right Truth
    http://www.righttruth.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I'm glad ye survived. I was beginning to wonder over here in Teapot Town for a bit. Wind, rain, more wind, whew!
    Anyhow, we fared better than some of my friends in Yazoo City.
    BCNU,
    Lizzard

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I'm glad you didn't send me to the Deerfield yestidee, sweetie.

    Yeah, Lizzard, Mississippi took a pretty bad hit.

    ReplyDelete