If you have something to say, post a comment. I will not respond to anonymous commenters, so if you care to joust with the GROUCH, open yourself a FREE GMAIL account and get yourself an ID so I'll know who you are.

If you'd like to be a guest contributor, email me at:
ka4p1@hotmail.com
Opinions of the guests are not necessarily the opinion of the GROUCH!

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

4 Days of Oblivion

Well, four days at the Dayton Hamvention were kinda nice in a way. I spent the whole time NOT watching Fox News, NOT reading blogs, NOT seeing Barack Obama on TV, NOT reading Matt Drudge, NOT listening to Rush Limbaugh.

Basically I was in a complete state of oblivion to what was going on around me in the outside world, totally uninformed, totally carefree, my friends and I like a herd of sheep wandering aimlessly around the hamfest.

I'll have to say it was kinda nice for a while. When I pointed this out to sweet wifey, she let me know that this is the state of mind of the majority of Americans. They wander around in a state of oblivion, uninformed and simply not paying attention, worried more about what is happening on American Idol or Dancing with the Stars than what the crooks in Warshington are trying to do to them. Then when some false prophet comes along shouting "hope and change, hope and change!" they jump right on the bandwagon...............until it dawns on them the false prophet is taking their freedom away.

I have returned to the real world. It's not pretty.

1 comment:

  1. It's good to get away and get your mind off current events for a change. Too bad we are at the mercy of the 24/7/365 sheep when it comes to elections.

    Debbie
    Right Truth
    http://www.righttruth.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete