If you have something to say, post a comment. I will not respond to anonymous commenters, so if you care to joust with the GROUCH, open yourself a FREE GMAIL account and get yourself an ID so I'll know who you are.

If you'd like to be a guest contributor, email me at:
ka4p1@hotmail.com
Opinions of the guests are not necessarily the opinion of the GROUCH!

Friday, May 7, 2010

Everyone Pitching In

The company I contract with, Elite Emergency Services out of Nashville let us know yesterday that if we would take a deduction from our next paycheck toward Nashville flood relief, that the company would match the amount donated by the doctors. This is great idea I think and I hope all my colleagues working for Elite will choose to take the deduction. If all the docs participate, this will amount to a large chunk of change for the company. I am glad to see the outfit I work with doing its part. Way to go, Elite!

I'm planning on sending a contribution tomorrow to my grandson's school, Donelson Christian Academy. The whole school was flooded, but they are not just sitting around feeling sorry for themselves, waiting for the gubment to bail them out. No, they are already planning the reconstruction. If you'd like to donate to the cause, go HERE and find out how to contribute.

Wifey and I are thankful for DCA. It is a wonderful place where our grandson's mind and spirit can both be challenged and stimulated. He can actually have prayer to our Christian God without having to answer to the tyranny that has become our federal gubment. What a shame kids in the gubment schools are denied this opportunity. We think sending him to DCA has been money well spent.

3 comments:

  1. That's a great idea, I'm glad they are doing this. Hopefully other companies will do the same.

    Debbie
    Right Truth
    http://www.righttruth.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea. I hope it catches on. Too bad Nashville isn't like Haiti or New Orleans. You could have had 1/2 or Hollywood running down your way.

    I have been praying for Nashville and the surrounding area, and wonder when the Anointed One will make his appearance. Or does he only do that for blue states?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comment, Findalis. I doubt Nashville will hear much from Obama. There is no "crisis" here for him to exploit and have another excuse to grow gubment.

    Right Sweetie, I hope other companies will chip in.

    ReplyDelete