If you have something to say, post a comment. I will not respond to anonymous commenters, so if you care to joust with the GROUCH, open yourself a FREE GMAIL account and get yourself an ID so I'll know who you are.

If you'd like to be a guest contributor, email me at:
ka4p1@hotmail.com
Opinions of the guests are not necessarily the opinion of the GROUCH!

Sunday, May 9, 2010

I'm Goin' Away

Well this next weekend is the annual Dayton Hamvention in Dayton, Ohio. A group of my ham radio friends and myself will be making the trek toward Dayton to spend a serious weekend of ham radio and communicating as witnessed by the picture above. I'll be riding up with my friends Lizzard and Booger and I'll be sharing a room with my good friend, Naughty Jim.

I'll be taking along my digital camera and camcorder as well as my laptop computer, so I'll try to provide a daily report and some pictures of our activities for the blog. So be sure to check in often for updates. We leave early Thursdee morning.
Ham radio is SERIOUS bidness.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, SERIOUS business.

    Debbie
    Right Truth
    http://www.righttruth.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    Great post, I like this post. I found out that this blog is very interesting and informative.

    I 've added your blog to My Favorite Blogs at http://nappilesbyan.blogspot.com/ So would you put my blog too, on you...

    you can get healthy traffic from us and our visitors can get relative and useful information form your site.

    Hope you would add my blog.
    Thanks a lot.Keep blogging....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really Serious Bidness. I been packing the truck, etc. I am reddy to go. I can't wait to see all the new innovations in radio communications, experience the awe of actually communicating with people in far away lands, learn new techniques of electronic thruputs, etc. I am all atwitter over the joys of communing with my fellow armature radio operators, eating fried pickles at Hooters (oops), and all of the joyous comaraderie that takes place only ONCE IN A YEARS TIME!!!

    ReplyDelete