If you have something to say, post a comment. I will not respond to anonymous commenters, so if you care to joust with the GROUCH, open yourself a FREE GMAIL account and get yourself an ID so I'll know who you are.

If you'd like to be a guest contributor, email me at:
ka4p1@hotmail.com
Opinions of the guests are not necessarily the opinion of the GROUCH!

Sunday, May 9, 2010

The Price of Free Speech

You know, as an actor, I really like Danny Glover. For those of you that pay attention, you know that Danny Glover is a left wing nut. He has a right to his beliefs. I have a right to call him a left wing nut.

I read that Glover was heckled and booed by some students at Utah State University's commencement ceremonies. He was cheered by others.

Frankly, if I were a celebrity, a movie star or a famous recording artist, I think I'd probably keep my politics to myself. Many celebrities choose to keep quiet. A few choose to open their mouths. I think the majority that speak up often reveal the fact that they are morons. Just because you're a celebrity doesn't mean that you don't have Swiss cheese for brains.

As a big supporter of the Constitution, I firmly believe in your right to open your mouth and make a fool of yourself. If you wanna do it that's fine. At the same time, I also firmly believe in my right to call you a blithering idiot.

In my life I have from time to time confronted spewers of lunacy. Most of the time, nothing ever comes of it. Occasionally I am accused of being a right wing nut, a racist, a bigot, a Nazi, politically incorrect, and some other choice words not fit for typing. It never ceases to amaze me how some morons out there think they have a right to act like morons and yet are immune to criticism, but these people do indeed exist. I find that many of these are among the "living to be offended crowd".

Although I defend your right to act like a moron, I don't think you have the right to be provided a platform from which to spew your lunacy. I have been accused a couple times of deleting comments from the blog with contrary point of view. In fact I have never deleted anything from the pages of the GROUCH. In fact I even invited one complainer to be a guest contributor here and let the readers decide. I never heard from that person again. However, if I want to delete anything and everything, that is my prerogative. I don't owe any of you anything, much less a platform.

One reason I quit listening to Sean Hannity is that he has the same old left wing loons on his program. He gets them on the air and then starts yelling at them. I guess Hannity can do that if he wishes, but it's not my cup of tea, so I tune him out. Hannity has the right to conduct his show however he sees fit. If it were me, I'd not provide these loons a platform, if only to yell at them. I prefer Mr. Limbaugh. He says what he thinks, purposely tweaks and makes fun of liberals, and rarely has guests.

The price of free speech is the possibility of criticism.........from a hateful, racist, bigoted, Nazi, like me. I wouldn't have it any other way. On the other hand I don't owe you squat. I don't even have to listen.

2 comments:

  1. Glover got booed for doing the same thing our president refused to do, put his hand on his heart at the saying of the pledge or national anthem, that's because they hate this country and what it was founded on.

    Debbie
    Right Truth
    http://www.righttruth.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right Sweetie. Glover and Obama both hate this country. What they fail to see is that this great country allows them to say so. In other places they might be imprisoned or even put to death.

    ReplyDelete