If you have something to say, post a comment. I will not respond to anonymous commenters, so if you care to joust with the GROUCH, open yourself a FREE GMAIL account and get yourself an ID so I'll know who you are.

If you'd like to be a guest contributor, email me at:
ka4p1@hotmail.com
Opinions of the guests are not necessarily the opinion of the GROUCH!

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Texas vs. California

My friend, Dr. Tim Ashmore sent this to me yesterday. I got a smile. Maybe you will too:

Governors  of two states jogging with their dogs along a trail. Coyote  jumps out and starts to attack dog:


California :
#1. Governor starts to intervene and then realizes he  should stop; the coyote is doing what is natural.

#2. Call animal control. Animal control captures  coyote and spends $200 testing it for diseases and $500 relocating it.

#3. Call Vet. Veterinarian collects dead dog   and spends $200 testing it for diseases.

#4. Governor goes to hospital and spends $3500  getting checked for diseases from the coyote and getting bite wound  bandaged.

#5. Running trail gets shut down for 6 months while  wildlife services conduct a $100,000 survey to make sure the area is  clear of dangerous animals.

#6. Governor spends $50,000 and starts a coyote  awareness program for people who live in the area.

#7. State legislature spends $2 million investigating  how to better handle rabies and how to possibly eradicate it.

#8. Governor’s security agent fired for not stopping  the attack and letting the Governor try to intervene.

#9. Cost $75,000 to train new security agent.

#10. PETA protests the relocation of the coyote.



  Texas :
 #1. Governor spends $1.23 on a .380 ACP Gold Dot  Hollow Point and he and the dog keep jogging.


 And we wonder why California is BROKE…

5 comments:

  1. WomanWhoRunsWithHorses, you should be proud. If I were not a Tennesean, I wouldn't mind being a Texan.

    California is nice but I wouldn't want to live there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HossBoss for short, Grouch. I was not native born but grew up here. I've also lived in Virginia, Colorado, California and New Mexico ...but never felt at home anywhere but here. I did vacation in the Smokey Mountains in Tennessee one year ...beautiful state! If for some reason, I could not live in Texas, Tennessee would be at the top of my list.

    : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exactly the difference in Left and Right on many issues. What has Obama done about the oil spill? What he does about everything, formed a Blue Ribbon Committee to report back to him.

    Even Serpent Head is trashing him, heh. I love it.

    Debbie
    Right Truth
    http://www.righttruth.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete