If you have something to say, post a comment. I will not respond to anonymous commenters, so if you care to joust with the GROUCH, open yourself a FREE GMAIL account and get yourself an ID so I'll know who you are.

If you'd like to be a guest contributor, email me at:
ka4p1@hotmail.com
Opinions of the guests are not necessarily the opinion of the GROUCH!

Saturday, June 5, 2010

First Rush

Sweet Wifey, she is so sweet, just finished reading the new book, "Rush Limbaugh, an Army of One" by Zev Chafets. She has a very nice post and commentary about the book over at Right Truth. Please go read it.

She has given me the book to read also and I wanted to throw my 2 cents in about Rush.

I remember the first time I ever heard Rush. I was sitting in the airport in Dyersburg, TN. waiting for the shop to fix a radio in my airplane. (I used to fly.) It had to be in the late 1980's.

They had a radio station playing over the intercom. I wasn't paying much attention at first, but as I listened it dawned on me that this guy on the radio thinks the same way I do! How refreshing! It was Rush. Wifey and I watched his TV show in the 90's and I would intermittently catch the radio show after that. Reception is not the greatist in our area. About 3 years ago I subscribed to the podcast and we have not missed a program since. It is a ritual at our house to sit down for supper (dinner for all you yankees) and fire up the podcast.

Many people that I talk to are turned off by Rush, even so called conservatives. Liberals, communists, fascists, leftists, and most Dimocrats hate him because he cuts through the crap and tells the plain truth about what they believe. Yes, the truth hurts. Many Republicans hate him, especially the squishy RINO and blueblood Republicans. This is because Rush does not subscribe to the "big tent" philosophy that most of these RINO's have. Rush does not believe in bipartisanship and just "getting along". To do so, as Rush says, simply means agreeing with Dimocrats and watering down conservative principles. Rush believes the best way to deal with Dimocrats and the left is to defeat them and expose them for the lunatics they really are. Many conservative Republicans will keep quiet when Rush speaks because they lack the spine to speak the truth.

The majority of people I talk to about Rush have a negative opinion of him due to ignorance. When I ask why they don't like him they say it is because of something they heard about him on CNN or MSNBC or network news. When I ask if they have ever bothered to really listen for themselves I am met with silence and blank stares. I challenge them to listen to the program, not just for a few minutes, but the whole thing, and several programs for several days. This is the only way to truly appreciate Rush Limbaugh. I have even offered to give them some of the podcasts for their computers.

One thing you have to understand is that Rush has a huge ego and he likes to hear himself talk. His program, like my blog, is about him and what he thinks. He makes no bones about it. He rarely has guests. He sometimes says some rather outrageous things. He does this to tweak the left wing idiots that are listening, and they fall for it almost every time. It is amazing how many times you will hear the lame stream media misquoting Rush and taking his comments out of context. I know the truth immediately when I hear it because I have listened to the podcast in person. The great unwashed masses that actually believe what they hear from the lame stream media and have not bothered to listen for themselves will fall for the media lies.

So there you have it. If you have never listened for yourself, go do it. Subscribe to the website and get the podcasts. I have read that all proceeds from the website go to charity. Rush, far and away, has the most listened to radio talk show in America. There has to be a reason for this. Find out for yourself.

1 comment:

  1. Nice intro and challenge to folks to listen to Rush.

    He is actually very funny, does many parodies, songs, skits, to make a point. He does a great job.

    He's getting married this weekend. Best wishes to Rush and Kathryn.

    Debbie
    Right Truth
    http://www.righttruth.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete