If you have something to say, post a comment. I will not respond to anonymous commenters, so if you care to joust with the GROUCH, open yourself a FREE GMAIL account and get yourself an ID so I'll know who you are.

If you'd like to be a guest contributor, email me at:
ka4p1@hotmail.com
Opinions of the guests are not necessarily the opinion of the GROUCH!

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

A Hot Date with my Sweetie

I took my sweetie out yesterday on a hot date. We went to see the movie, Robin Hood, starring Russell Crowe among many others. We thought it was pretty good if you like that sort of stuff. The best thing about it was that I got to sit next to my hot date.

After the movie we went to a place called the Old Hickory Steakhouse in Jackson, TN. I had eaten there before but had not taken my hot date. I'll have to give it 4 stars out of 5. We both had steak and shrimp which was very good. We also had some tasty fried pickles. They put plenty of thousand island dressing on my salad. I hate it when they only put a steenking teaspoonful of dressing on it and you have to eat the salad dry. The waitress was very attentive, unlike Red Robin. The only downside was that it was a little warm in there and the  benches in the booth were hard (solid wood with no pad). There were no screaming kids there and the prices were more than reasonable. If you live close to Jackson we highly recommend the place.

The really cool thing about the Old Hickory Steakhouse was that it used to be the Village Inn Pizza Parlor which was the place I took my sweetie on our very first date back in 1972. What a great first date that was! The Village Inn has faded into memory, but my love for her burns hot as ever.

Afterward we came home, had some mixed drinks and relaxed on the couch. Oh, in case you're wondering, we got nekkid before we went to the movie. What a nice day with my sweetie!

4 comments:

  1. It was a great evening sweetie. I got to eat out, which is always a good thing. Seeing the place where we had our first date was very nice, good memories.

    I got to see a movie with my honey, all snuggled up next to each other in the dark theater.

    I got you all to myself on the drive over and the drive back.

    We had some tasty drinks and snuggles at home.

    (I won't talk about the hot time we had before we went on the date, hee hee)

    Love you more this moment than I did the moment before.

    Debbie
    Right Truth
    http://www.righttruth.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was a pretty good movie, but the historical inaccuracies drove me nuts, especially seeing decorated landing craft from WWII hitting the beach....I heard quite a few moans from the audience on that, but overall I gave the movie a B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steve:

    That is exactly what I thought about when I saw those ships, the landing at Normandy, Band of Brothers, etc. I had no idea they had ships like that way back in Robin Hood's day, ha.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I was kinda surprised to see the ramps on the front of those boats. On the other hand, I have to admit that I'm not an expert on 12th century ships, so what the heck. What was really strange is how much King John reminded me of Barack Obama, a lying scumbag.

    ReplyDelete