If you have something to say, post a comment. I will not respond to anonymous commenters, so if you care to joust with the GROUCH, open yourself a FREE GMAIL account and get yourself an ID so I'll know who you are.

If you'd like to be a guest contributor, email me at:
ka4p1@hotmail.com
Opinions of the guests are not necessarily the opinion of the GROUCH!

Monday, July 19, 2010

It's Not How Old You Are, It's How You Are Old!

Sometimes even the smallest things in life will give me a smile. I went yesterday to one of our local restaurants to get some takeout food for Wifey, my visiting grandson, and myself. The place was a lot busier than usual and the staff was running behind with their tongues hanging out so I sat an waited for a spell.

In a few minutes, three little old ladies came in the door. They were all humped over and barely creaking along, but they were smiling and seemed like they were getting ready to have a good time going out to eat. One of them, who seemed a bit addled, headed on in to the dining room stating that she was ready to sit down. The other two stopped her and told her they had best wait for the hostess to seat them. I could tell she was not impressed by their suggestion.

As I watched I smiled and thought, "Well, this is great. They can barely get along, but instead of sitting at home taking their pulse and reading their PDR about medication side effects (my late father-in-law used to do this), they are out enjoying life and having a good time."

In a minute one of the waitresses walked by and said, "Yall can just go on in and sit anywhere you like."

They proceeded to waddle in. I heard the one old girl say, "See, I told you it would be ok for us to just go sit down."

Sometimes you just gotta smile!

1 comment:

  1. Good for them. I'm always pleased to see people out enjoying themselves. No need to sit at home and worry about things, get out and see the world. Life is too short.

    "Don't waste a minute -- that's what life is made of." I think that is an accurate quote from a plaque in the movie "Gone With The Wind".

    Debbie
    Right Truth
    http://www.righttruth.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete