If you have something to say, post a comment. I will not respond to anonymous commenters, so if you care to joust with the GROUCH, open yourself a FREE GMAIL account and get yourself an ID so I'll know who you are.

If you'd like to be a guest contributor, email me at:
ka4p1@hotmail.com
Opinions of the guests are not necessarily the opinion of the GROUCH!

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Somebody Out There is Paying Attention

I still have not decided who I am voting for in the Decatur County mayoral race, but I'm planning to go vote early one day next week, so I guess I had better make up my mind. There are a Republican and Democrat as well as a whole bunch of independents running.

I received a letter in the mail today. It had no return address and it was postmarked in Memphis, TN. The letter contained an article from one of the local newspapers alerting me to the fact that one of the independents in the race had voted FOR a resolution to ban handguns in Parsons city parks.

It so happened that this particular candidate was on my radar as a possible choice, but now I am not so sure. In fact I had narrowed it down to three but now it looks like I'm down to two. It seems that someone out there has been paying attention to either my blog or my contributions to the local newspapers and is highly aware of my support for the Constitution of the United States, especially the second amendment, or maybe they just don't like this guy and did a general mailing. Whatever the case, I will have great difficulty pulling the lever for anyone that ignores the Constitution.

No comments:

Post a Comment