If you have something to say, post a comment. I will not respond to anonymous commenters, so if you care to joust with the GROUCH, open yourself a FREE GMAIL account and get yourself an ID so I'll know who you are.

If you'd like to be a guest contributor, email me at:
ka4p1@hotmail.com
Opinions of the guests are not necessarily the opinion of the GROUCH!

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Let There be Peace in the Valley

Ahhhhh, Decatur County, TN. What a nice, quiet, peaceful place to live. The election was held today and it is finally over. I am glad. I'm tired of hearing all the promises. I'm tired of seeing all the goofy signs cluttering up the otherwise beautiful scenery. I'm tired of all the bitching, gossiping, and backbiting that has occurred over the past few weeks.

The winner of our all important mayoral race today was Michael Smith, a Democrat. I wish him well and I hope he gives some sorely needed leadership and direction. Time will tell. But now it's time to relax, and kick back, and not think about local politics for a while...................ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

3 comments:

  1. Bitching, gossping and backbiting....ROFL....relax though and have a nice time. We just got back from a cruise a couple of weeks ago. It was great being able to read a book and no computers around us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can just hope for the best. I too am weary of politics.

    Debbie
    Right Truth
    http://www.righttruth.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steve, I know how you feel. I had the same experience in May when I went to the Dayton Hamvention, For about 4 days, I just put my mind in neutral and coasted.

    Sweetie, any time you get weary, you can rest your sweet head on my shoulder.

    ReplyDelete