If you have something to say, post a comment. I will not respond to anonymous commenters, so if you care to joust with the GROUCH, open yourself a FREE GMAIL account and get yourself an ID so I'll know who you are.

If you'd like to be a guest contributor, email me at:
ka4p1@hotmail.com
Opinions of the guests are not necessarily the opinion of the GROUCH!

Monday, September 27, 2010

We've Improved Our Website for your Convenience!

Today I simply have a burning question. Why is it that when you have a favorite website and you have spent a couple of months finding everything that you like, the webmaster takes it upon himself/herself to change everything around and "improve" the website for "your convenience"?

When you enter the website, you're not even sure anymore that you're in the right place, and then you find that all your familiar "point and clicks" have moved or gone away! Suddenly it dawns on you that you're going to have to spend the next couple of months figuring out where everything is AGAIN!

Also you find that things run slower than they used to because of all the new graphics and links the friendly webmaster has installed.

I always say that if something is working, LEAVE IT ALONE!

3 comments:

  1. Yes I hate it when that happens. I have cut a lot from the sidebar of Right Truth to make is easier to load. Several folks have suggested I try a new format/design, but I like for folks to feel comfortable and familiar with things when they visit. So I'm not changing anything.

    Debbie
    Right Truth
    http://www.righttruth.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visualize coming home every three or four months and discovering somebody has completely reorganized your home. This is the jolt that comes when visitors visit a favorite site and discover that the homey atmosphere is gone. The kitchen is where the bathroom was, the living room is now the bedroom, and somebody has painted the walls fluorescent pink with green three-legged camels.

    ReplyDelete