If you have something to say, post a comment. I will not respond to anonymous commenters, so if you care to joust with the GROUCH, open yourself a FREE GMAIL account and get yourself an ID so I'll know who you are.

If you'd like to be a guest contributor, email me at:
ka4p1@hotmail.com
Opinions of the guests are not necessarily the opinion of the GROUCH!

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Identity Crisis

Well, I've thought for the longest that our sweet beagle dog, Penny has thought she was part cat. Now I'm convinced. Last night she spent most of the evening in her room with her food bowl. This is unusual. She is usually in the living room giving us love and attention.

This afternoon I was coming in the house through the back door. I could hear sweet Wifey yelling, "NO! PENNY! NO! PENNY! NO! PENNY!"

I entered to find Penny engaged in combat with a mouse in the middle of her room. I'm not sure what she was going to do with it, but at the relief of sweet Wifey, I got Penny away from it and quickly and humanely ended the rodent's life. After I had disposed of the corpse, Penny stayed in the room sniffing for the longest. You just can't fool the beagle nose.

Now, not only does she walk on the back of the furniture, she also chases mice! Meow! Bwaa Haa Haa!

5 comments:

  1. How awesome is that? And why not? I have a cat who refuses to use the litter box and asks to be let out for potty, just like a dog. Other times, she thinks she's a person, sitting on the couch in a rather person-like pose, watching television. Maybe that's a dog-like trait, too, though... a Rottweiler we once had that did the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Penny is a sweet dog. She likes to get up on the back of the couch I think to get up ON MY LEVEL. When I come home in the morning after an all nighter, she'll get up there and put her paws up around my neck and give me kisses.

    One of our previous dogs, Puddin was a TV watcher. Her favorite show was "America's Funniest Videos". She'd be captivated by the whole show. One of the funniest things she did was when she was watching an old Tarzan movie. A lion ran face first at the camera and Puddin turned about 3 backflips trying to get away from it. Funny, funny, funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Penny knew there was something in that utility room. She is so smart and you can't fool that Beagle nose. I'm not sure if she would have tried to eat the mouse, she may have been just playing with it.

    This is the first mouse I've seen in this house in over 10 years. No signs of mouse activity anywhere. So maybe he was alone and his family is still out in the woods. He was a tiny fellow.

    Good for Penny!

    Debbie
    Right Truth
    http://www.righttruth.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. "How much is that doggie in the Living Room?
    The one who chases mice like a cat.
    How much is that doggie in the Living Room?
    Please tell me she'll go after a rat."

    ReplyDelete