If you have something to say, post a comment. I will not respond to anonymous commenters, so if you care to joust with the GROUCH, open yourself a FREE GMAIL account and get yourself an ID so I'll know who you are.

If you'd like to be a guest contributor, email me at:
ka4p1@hotmail.com
Opinions of the guests are not necessarily the opinion of the GROUCH!

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Kudos to Outback Steakhouse

How about a "feelgood" story for a change? The other day, sweet Wifey (she is so sweet) and I went out to see a movie and then we went over to the Outback Steakhouse. Boy I just love a Blooming Onion! At the door a nicely dressed young man greeted us. He was obviously somewhat "mentally challenged" but he held the door open, smiled, and almost gleefully exclaimed, "Welcome to Outback! Thank you so much for coming!"

During our meal I listened to him from time to time gleefully greeting all the customers. I could not help notice but many of the patrons grinning extra large grins. You could also tell that the young man was enjoying himself tremendously.

On the way out, he held the door open and said, "Thank you so much for coming! PLEASE! Come back!"

I shook his hand and patted him on the shoulder and thanked him. Wifey remarked how nice it was that the store had hired this young man and put him in that position.

It sure was. I am still smiling just thinking about it.

4 comments:

  1. It WAS precious, little Button head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed the manager giving him some money at one point, it was from a customer on the other side of the room. Obviously a tip for the "special" doorman. It was a great thing for the Outback to do, I wish more places would do this. Many developmentally delayed persons are able to work at some kind of job, live on their own or in a special group home. This gives them some money, let's them feel less dependent, it's a good deal for all.

    Debbie
    Right Truth
    http://www.righttruth.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get that every time at Outback. They get the best working there. Denny's too.

    ReplyDelete