If you have something to say, post a comment. I will not respond to anonymous commenters, so if you care to joust with the GROUCH, open yourself a FREE GMAIL account and get yourself an ID so I'll know who you are.

If you'd like to be a guest contributor, email me at:
ka4p1@hotmail.com
Opinions of the guests are not necessarily the opinion of the GROUCH!

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Cinemaplanet 10

Yesterdee my sweetie pie and I went out for a movie and to eat. There is a new place in Jackson, called Cinemaplanet 10. Just for fun we decided to check it out. I enjoyed the fact that the place was brand new. The theater smelled like a new car. So far the place has not been spoiled and soiled by a buncha little slobby, snotty nosed kids (and adults). There is a full service restaurant inside the place. We checked out the menu. They have steaks, chicken, and burgers. They also serve beer and mixed drinks. I noticed one dude bringing his whole plate of food in with him to watch the flick.

The downside is that they charge a buck more for seating than the other 2 theaters in town. Now they have VIP seating in some of their theaters which I understand means you get to sit in a recliner. The movie we saw was non-VIP seating. I also noticed the restaurant charged about 3 dollars more for a steak entree compared to the Outback Steakhouse and about 2 or 3 dollars more for a burger compared to the local Red Robin.

So I dunno if this place will make it or not against the competition in these hard economic times. I'll have to admit the place was nice and clean. The employees were nice and clean, all spic and span in black slacks and white shirts and they were ooh so friendly........speaks well of the management I think and we'll go back again and we may actually try out the restaurant. If the place survives, GREAT, if not, oh well.

By the way, we saw Faster, starring Dwayne Johnson and Billy Bob Thornton. I found the movie to be very good and full of surprises. Go see it if you get a chance. Afterward we went to the old reliable Ruby Tuesday for a bite. Best salad bar anywhere, yum!

2 comments:

  1. A great day, the movie was excellent, the facility brand-spanking new and shiny, and the company SUPERB!
    Also the dinner at Ruby Tuesday was delish!

    Debbie
    Right Truth
    http://www.righttruth.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best thang about Planetcinema 10 was you!

    ReplyDelete