If you have something to say, post a comment. I will not respond to anonymous commenters, so if you care to joust with the GROUCH, open yourself a FREE GMAIL account and get yourself an ID so I'll know who you are.

If you'd like to be a guest contributor, email me at:
ka4p1@hotmail.com
Opinions of the guests are not necessarily the opinion of the GROUCH!

Thursday, November 25, 2010

I Agree, Texting Apologies are Just not Manly

I couldn't help but smile when I heard that Tennessee Titans QB, Vince Young had TEXTED an apology to head coach Jeff Fisher. Evidently Fisher did not think much of Vince Young's efforts and went on to say, " I'm not a real big text guy. I'm not really into this new-age stuff. I don't Twitter or tweet. But I think face-to-face is a man thing, OK?"

I could not agree more. What a spineless, wimpy, way to deliver an apology.

In case you missed it, Vince Young had a major hissy fit last Sunday after the Titans overtime loss to the Redskins. He tore off his Jersey and shoulder pads and hurled them into the stands on his way out of the stadium and I also understand had some rather disparaging remarks about his head coach.

Frankly I think it is time for Young to go. This guy has been a pro for 5 years now. This is not his first hissy fit and will not likely be his last. It is time, way past time for him to grow up.

I suppose for the short term the issue is moot since Vince is on injured reserve and out for the rest of the year. I'll be interested to see what happens when next season rolls around.

No comments:

Post a Comment