If you have something to say, post a comment. I will not respond to anonymous commenters, so if you care to joust with the GROUCH, open yourself a FREE GMAIL account and get yourself an ID so I'll know who you are.

If you'd like to be a guest contributor, email me at:
ka4p1@hotmail.com
Opinions of the guests are not necessarily the opinion of the GROUCH!

Monday, November 29, 2010

Rock Bottom

Well, for the last 4 weeks or so I have thought the Tennessee Titans could not get any worse, and then I watched them lose to the Texans 20-0 today.

Chris Johnson seems unable to run. The wide receivers are ineffective. This Rusty Smith guy threw three interceptions. I don't know if Smith has any talent or not but he sure doesn't have any experience to be a starter. I wondered about Kerry Collins, but I guess his injured calf is still too injured to go. Chris Simms is supposed to be the emergency QB but I gotta think he could have done a better job than Smith........at least he's had some prior experience. I am sure I am voicing opinions with limited information.

I wonder how much offensive coordinator, Mike Heimerdinger's illness has to do with any of this. I gotta think maybe this had something to do with the apparent lack of focus by the team.

The amazing thing is that the Titans are only 1 game out of first place in the AFC South. The Colts and the Jaguars are both 6-5, tied for first, while the Titans and the Texans are both 5-6 tied for last place. Most of the remaining Titans games are divisional games so their chance of making the playoffs is pretty much in their hands.

Sadly I am not hopeful that there is any magic medicine out there to end their losing streak. Time will tell.

2 comments:

  1. Man, your division ain't kidding around, is it?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcAuHrExlnw

    Living in Indiana and being a Bengals fan has been brutal, but was glad the Bolts helped you guys out last night by humiliating the Colts at home! LOL Now they know how it feels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two of the teams are 6-5 and the other two are 5-6! WOW!

    ReplyDelete