If you have something to say, post a comment. I will not respond to anonymous commenters, so if you care to joust with the GROUCH, open yourself a FREE GMAIL account and get yourself an ID so I'll know who you are.

If you'd like to be a guest contributor, email me at:
ka4p1@hotmail.com
Opinions of the guests are not necessarily the opinion of the GROUCH!

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving Compilation

Back on 11-8 one of my Facebook friends challenged us to post something we were thankful for everyday before Thanksgiving. I thought I'd compile my contributions, great and small, and put them here on Thanksgiving Day. I am thankful for something everyday so it seems. Sweet wifey and I are most blessed through the grace and mercy of God. Perhaps some of you will take time to reflect upon all your blessings.

11-24
Today I am thankful for my sweetie pie. She's been with me for 38 years. She is my soulmate and she completes me. If you have never heard how we met, click here www.righttruth.typepad.com/right_truth/2007/07/love-like-every.html

 11-23
Today I am thankful for the United States of America. I think back over the past 234 years and all of the great things that have been done in the name of freedom and liberty and all the lives that were made better because of the USA! The president likes to apologize to the rest of the world for this country. I on the other hand shudder to think what the world would be like without her. God Bless America!


11-22
Today I'm thankful for my Mom and Pop. They were just two average folks. They raised three kids. They worked hard. They taught me the values of hard work, honesty, kindness and fairness. They took me to church and introduced me to Jesus. Basically they gave me all the tools I needed to succeed in life.


 

 

 

 11-21

Today I am thankful for my long departed high school music teacher and band director, L.A. McNatt. He gave me a nudge and showed me the way and was a good friend to all of his students. Because of him I have many hours of enjoyment with my music today.


11-20

Today I am thankful for football. Boy I hate winter. Fortunately football makes the approach of winter a little easier to swallow. I really hate February, when it is still winter and football is over.







11-19

Today I am thankful for my couch. After a sleepless night at the Chamber of Horrors, it's nice to come home, stretch out, relax, listen to my Rush Limbaugh podcast and let sweetie pie rub my tired feet! Lots of comfort can be found on the couch!

 

 11-18

I am at work today. I am thankful I have a decent place to work and the opportunity to make a good living. Many people are suffering and looking for work. I pray our new congress gets out of the way of small bidnesses and the private sector so more good jobs can be created.

 

 11-17

Today I am thankful for crappie. They are not fighters like a big bass but they still can provide hours of enjoyment and they sure taste good on the plate! Yum! Yum!


  
11-16
I am 58 years old. Today I am thankful that I still think the same way I did when I was 20 years old and enjoy the same things, playing music, going fishing, riding my motorcycle, and chasing my sweetie pie around the house nekkid!





11-15
 
Today I am thankful for our quiet little cabin on the hill. After a hard day of work or play, there's no better place to be. Home is where the love is.






11-14

Today I am thankful for my band, Morbid Strangers. What fun for an old guy!

 

11-13

I am thankful today for the largemouth bass. A hard fighter, the ultimate predator, fun to catch, pretty to look at, good to eat! Life is good!










11-12
 
Today I am thankful for frogs. Late in the evening as the faint pink
western sky turns to darkness and a cool mist descends on the quiet
water, all is calm and all is still. The frogs begin their merry song,
celebrating the arrival of night. Probably my favorite time of the day.
Thank you God for sending the frogs.




11-11

Today I am thankful for all our veterans and also for our men and women currently on active duty and in the reserves. They put themselves at risk to protect our safety and freedom. Howzat?

 

11-10

I am thankful for Baja Bob! Whoot! Whoot! Whatever that means. Howzat? www.bajabob.com


11-9

 

I am thankful for my sweet puppy. Howzat?








11-8

I'm thankful I live at the river. Howzat?


1 comment:

  1. You did great. I agree with them all, I'm so thankful. And it all started with you.

    Happy Thanksgiving.

    Debbie
    Right Truth
    http://www.righttruth.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete