If you have something to say, post a comment. I will not respond to anonymous commenters, so if you care to joust with the GROUCH, open yourself a FREE GMAIL account and get yourself an ID so I'll know who you are.

If you'd like to be a guest contributor, email me at:
ka4p1@hotmail.com
Opinions of the guests are not necessarily the opinion of the GROUCH!

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The Further Wimpification of the NFL

Tonight there is going to be the first NFL football game on Tuesday in decades. Why? Because the league postponed the Sunday night game between the Philadelphia Eagles and the Minnesota Vikings. Why? Because of SNOW!

Apparently a lot of other people were not happy about this. According to the article the majority of Eagles ticketholders were looking forward to this game in the snow. I am sure it was no big deal to either of the teams.

Wasn't it just a week ago that there was whining and complaining over the fact that a game between the Vikings and the Bears was going to be played outdoors in Minnesota? The roof at the domed stadium in Minnesota had collapsed and the outdoor stadium was the alternative. Again the fans were excited and apparently had a great time throwing snowballs at the officials, the players, and at each other, but with some of the whining going on you would have thought some of the sportscasters were fixing to have surgery without anesthesia. "Waa haa haa! Oh my goodness! The field is gonna be frozen and too hard! Waa haa haa!"

I have watched football all my life. I even remember the AFL. I remember Vince Lombardi and the first Super Bowl. I remember JoeNamath and Super Bowl 3. I never remember a game being called off because of snow.....NEVER! In fact it always seemed that in December and January, snow, cold, and bad weather was just part of the game.

I just don't get it. They won't let players hit each other anymore without fines and penalties. They won't let the teams celebrate after making a touchdown. Now they're going to start calling off games because of snow? GIMMIE A BREAK!

Pretty soon they are going to impose score restrictions that will prohibit a team from having more than a 7 point lead. This is so the team that is behind won't get its feelings hurt! Hmmmm maybe not a bad idea......perhaps the Titans could win a few games that way!

For the record, I hope the Eagles get their asses kicked and lose in the first round of the playoffs. Why? Because dog killer. Mike Vick is the QB! So there!

4 comments:

  1. I agree on all counts. And on limiting the score, that is already in the works I think, not
    'officially' but unspoken. People are complaining when a team that is winning, continues to play full force and runs up a huge score, saying that is "unsportsman like". Really? If a team is superior to another, why shouldn't they continue to cream the other and continue to score points?

    Debbie
    Right Truth
    http://www.righttruth.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lizzard, there's just no need to get curt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree 100%. Plus the Vikings won. Dog killer Vick loses another one.

    ReplyDelete