If you have something to say, post a comment. I will not respond to anonymous commenters, so if you care to joust with the GROUCH, open yourself a FREE GMAIL account and get yourself an ID so I'll know who you are.

If you'd like to be a guest contributor, email me at:
ka4p1@hotmail.com
Opinions of the guests are not necessarily the opinion of the GROUCH!

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Hi Ho! Hi Ho! It's off to Jail He Goes!

Well I just read where actor Wesley Snipes is going to federal prison for the next three years. His crime? Failure to file income tax returns.

Ok, well I guess that's a reason to put him in jail.

I just have to wonder, why is congressman, Charlie Rangel, not going to be joining him? I do believe he failed to pay taxes.

What about Obama treasury secretary Timothy Geithner? I believe he was also guilty of the same.

Apparently, Snipes had asked for a new trial and even ponied up 5 million in checks for the IRS. The judge put him away with three CONSECUTIVE misdemeanor sentences anyway stating that Snipes showed "a history of contempt" for U.S. tax laws.

Damnation! I guess they should put me away as well. I have nothing but contempt for U.S. tax laws!

Wait a minute! Charlie Rangel and Timothy Geithner have nothing but contempt for the American people! What is worse? Sometimes life just doesn't seem fair! FREE WESLEY!

3 comments:

  1. IMO, if a law is not going to be applied equally and consistently, then it is a useless and stupid law. I keep having this recurring dream where someone keeps whispering stuff like "equal protection under the law" into my ear. Perhaps I should wake up?

    Either apply it the same for everyone or abolish it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it were up to me, Angie, income tax would be abolished and a fair tax instituted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me, too. Unfortunately, our opinions don't seem to count for much in DC. Even if they did this, there would still be people whining it's NOT fair because some who pay nothing now would actually have to, pay and the rich will NEVER pay their "fair" share. At the very least, they need to stop the nonsense of giving "tax refunds" to those who pay little to no tax to begin with.

    Then there is the wailing you'd hear from sea to shining sea about the newly unemployed thousands of IRS agents and tax preparers/accountants and how the eeeeevil Republicans are putting people out of work.

    ReplyDelete