If you have something to say, post a comment. I will not respond to anonymous commenters, so if you care to joust with the GROUCH, open yourself a FREE GMAIL account and get yourself an ID so I'll know who you are.

If you'd like to be a guest contributor, email me at:
ka4p1@hotmail.com
Opinions of the guests are not necessarily the opinion of the GROUCH!

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Underdog Weekend

I just have to wonder how many times the 6th seed in both the AFC and the NFC defeat the 1st seed teams in their respective conferences. Well it happened this weekend. My adopted team, the Green Bay Packers put a whoopin on the Atlanta Dirty Birds last night, 48 to 21. This means that the pack will face the Chicago Bears in Chicago next weekend. I feel pretty good about this game. I think Green Bay has a better team than Chicago. We shall see.

This afternoon in a much closer game, the New York Jets defeated the New England Patriots 28-21. It was kinda fun to watch and listen all week to the trash talking coming mainly from the Jets toward the Patriots. Unlike most of the sportscasters, this behavior doesn't upset me. In fact I am all in favor or brutal hits, trash talking, end zone celebrations, taunting, and general madness and mayhem. After all, I have never really cared if people get their feelings hurt.

At least the Jets were able to back up their trash talking and bombastic behavior with a win. I guess they would have looked kinda goofy had they lost. The bad news for the Jets is they have to play the Steelers next weekend. I am not nearly as optimistic for the Jets chances against the terrible towels.

For a change I do not have to work next Sundee so I can kick back and relax and just watch the fun. I am predicting the Packers and the Steelers in the Super Bowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment