If you have something to say, post a comment. I will not respond to anonymous commenters, so if you care to joust with the GROUCH, open yourself a FREE GMAIL account and get yourself an ID so I'll know who you are.

If you'd like to be a guest contributor, email me at:
ka4p1@hotmail.com
Opinions of the guests are not necessarily the opinion of the GROUCH!

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

WW2 Hero Goes on to Greater Glory

Dick Winters, the former soldier that inspired the HBO series, "Band of Brothers" has died. He was 92. It's hard for me to imagine the horror and the sacrifice endured by Winters and the men under his command as they parachuted into darkness on the French coast on June 6, 1944 and then fought their way all the way to the heart of Germany.

If you've never watched "Band of Brothers" you need to do it RIGHT NOW! It's on DVD.

Rest in peace, Major Winters and thanks for your service and our freedom.

3 comments:

  1. Band of Brothers is amazing! I read the book and watched the movie. This man is a true hero and I was sad to hear that he had passed away when I read about it yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this earlier and forgot to mention it to you. I is a good miniseries/movie and he was a true hero.

    Debbie
    Right Truth
    http://www.righttruth.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Button and Honey Pot. These heroes are almost all gone now. They should be honored whenever possible.

    ReplyDelete