If you have something to say, post a comment. I will not respond to anonymous commenters, so if you care to joust with the GROUCH, open yourself a FREE GMAIL account and get yourself an ID so I'll know who you are.

If you'd like to be a guest contributor, email me at:
ka4p1@hotmail.com
Opinions of the guests are not necessarily the opinion of the GROUCH!

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Who Knew Your Cock Might be Deadly?

Ha ha! Hadjew going there for a minute didn't I? 

Hey there's a story about a guy out in California that was killed by a rooster! The hapless idiot was attending a cockfight. Evidently this unruly cock had a knife attached to its own limb and ended up stabbing the guy in the calf.

Two hours later the guy died at the hospital. Hmmmm, in my 30 years of doctoring I don't recall anyone every dying from a cut, stab, gunshot wound, or even amputation of the calf. There was speculation that a delay of treatment may have had something to do with his death.

Yeah, I'll bet. The idiot knew that cockfighting was illegal in the United States and figured he'd get in a heap of trouble.

I don't have a lot of use for roosters but I'll have to say I don't feel sorry for this guy, rather I guess he got what he deserved. I have no use for the abuse of animals of any kind. So that's that!

By the way, the victim's name was Jose Luis Ochoa. I'd be willing to bet he was an illegal invader. Boy! Am I politically incorrect or what?

5 comments:

  1. We had a rooster that thought he was a cat. He slept in the garage with the cats and even used a litter box. He lined up at the food dishes and ate cat food right alongside them.

    Curiously, he also seemed to think he was a guard dog. If strangers came into the garage, he would puff up and flap his wings and BAWK. Very strange chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same assumptions about the guy and the circumstances. Roosters have their place keeping the world populated with chickens, but I don't like keeping one. Still I have no use for cruelty to animals either. Blood sports like cock fighting and dog fighting are extreme cruelty on several levels. I also don't have any use for people that think they are above the law. Illegal immigration is ILLEGAL. Follow the rules like everybody else, no excuses. In my line of work it's the illegals that demand the most service right now and are the first to scream foul if they feel 'victimized' by someone else not following the rules. Very annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The roosters all have sharp razorlike spikes attached to their ankles/feet, so that when they fight another rooster they can really do some damage and even kill the other rooster. It is a bloody horrible event. Men who raise and abuse these are no worse than Michael Vick who trained dogs to kill each other. Good for the rooster turning on the man, he deserved it.

    Oh by the way, Michael Vick was awarded the key to the city of Dallas. Makes me gag.

    Debbie
    Right Truth
    http://www.righttruth.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I think of cockfighting it is not 2 birds I envision. 2 guys naked from the waist down instead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He had to have been bleeding an enormous amount. Most people RUSH to the ER at the slightest sight of blood. This guy must have had a VERY guilty conscience.

    ReplyDelete