If you have something to say, post a comment. I will not respond to anonymous commenters, so if you care to joust with the GROUCH, open yourself a FREE GMAIL account and get yourself an ID so I'll know who you are.

If you'd like to be a guest contributor, email me at:
ka4p1@hotmail.com
Opinions of the guests are not necessarily the opinion of the GROUCH!

Thursday, March 24, 2011

The GROUCH Proposes a Constitutional Amendment

I sit here watching and pondering over the seemingly unlimited power of our glorious federal gubment. I am at work at the hospital today thinking of the enormous amount of money this facility spends on compliance with gubment regulations. Tax time is near. I think of the enormous amount of money individuals and bidnesses spend just to comply with the indecipherable tax code. I think about taxes on toilet paper to pay for federally mandated sewer improvements in Omaha. I think of the enormous amount of money bidnesses are FORCED to spend to install wheelchair ramps.

I could go on until the end of the day thinking of ways the federal gubment makes us spend money.

Well I have a solution. How about a constitutional amendment? My amendment would be very simple and would read as follows:

CONGRESS SHALL PASS NO LAW THAT WOULD REQUIRE INVESTMENT OR SPENDING BY ANY INDIVIDUAL OR BUSINESS IN ORDER TO COMPLY WITH SAID LAW.

What a great thing! Just imagine the burden that would be lifted from the shoulders of Americans! In fact, congress would pretty much be rendered useless! They could just go home and stay! Yea!

No comments:

Post a Comment