If you have something to say, post a comment. I will not respond to anonymous commenters, so if you care to joust with the GROUCH, open yourself a FREE GMAIL account and get yourself an ID so I'll know who you are.

If you'd like to be a guest contributor, email me at:
ka4p1@hotmail.com
Opinions of the guests are not necessarily the opinion of the GROUCH!

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Liberals Just Don't Understand the American People

I had to smile. Chevy only sold 281 Volts and Nissan only sold 67 Leafs in February. Well now that is no surprise. What was funny to me about the whole thing was the shock and awe expressed by the writer of the article. Get a load of this last paragraph:

Ouch. The big questions, of course, revolve around one word: "Why?" Is ramping up production still a problem? Is demand weak? Are unscrupulous dealers to blame? When will sales start to climb? And what are these numbers doing to plug-in vehicle projects at other automakers? We don't know all the answers, but for more on February auto sales, click here.
Well of course to the average American, the answer is simple. NOBODY WANTS THE DAMNED THINGS! This green technology nonsense (and that is exactly what it is) does not work. These electric cars do not fulfill the needs of the American people. We Americans like our muscle cars, SUV's, and pickup trucks and no matter how much liberal nonsense the left spews I don't think that attitude is going to change.

Good grief! We have oil in the gulf, the Dakotas, and ANWR just waiting to be tapped, ready to power our future for decades to come and they want us to use electric cars, wind and solar? The idiocy of liberals indeed boggles the mind.

5 comments:

  1. Well Grouch,
    I must take a slight exception to this one. You know me quite well, so I aint gonna explain myself to you. BUT, I would like to see our railroads returned to their status of the past. A train can haul a LOT more freight much cheaper than an 18 wheeler. I would like to see passenger trains running across our great country again. I'd much rather get on a train and relax while it was transporting me to Dayton for instance. But, this aint likely to happen. I myself am experimenting with solar power for my hamshack. I aint getting off the grid yet, tho'. Like you, I'd really like to see the USA develop it's own oil fields and tell the mid-east to take a hike! Unfortunately, this aint gonna happen either. What is gonna happen is a whole lot of BS from DC about how we REALLY need to fight ________! Fill in your own preference. This is what greases the wheels of war (and income for politicians)!
    Anyhow, I will continue to play with solar power, but $3-4-5 /gallon gas for my behemoth and enjoy life.
    Hey, how about a little morphine, by the way?

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS...insert the word "pay" between the but and the $ in my comment

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lizzard, if you wanna have trains, fine. They should be run by the private sector, should show a profit, stand on their own, and not be subsidized by the gubment. Same with electric cars. If you want one, get one. If the car companies can make and sell them and turn a profit, great. I don't think at a couple hundred per month that they will last. Again the gubment should not be in the bidness of forcing us into electric cars by banning our oil drilling and imposing more onerous CAFE standards on our trucks and SUV's.

    The gubment should have NO SAY about what you eat, drink, smoke, drive, how you heat your house, your light bubs, how many guns you own....shall I go on?

    As a last thought, if the gubment has to subsidize something, we probably shouldn't be doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, by the way, Lizzard, come see me with the elephant on your chest and I'll give you all the morphine you want.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What I'm saying is the gubmint should subsidize railroad reinnovation instead of somma the udder bs it subsidizes. I agree wid ye fully tho, the gubmint "should" only print money and guard the borders. By the way, if thats the stipulations, I pass on de morphine!

    ReplyDelete