If you have something to say, post a comment. I will not respond to anonymous commenters, so if you care to joust with the GROUCH, open yourself a FREE GMAIL account and get yourself an ID so I'll know who you are.

If you'd like to be a guest contributor, email me at:
ka4p1@hotmail.com
Opinions of the guests are not necessarily the opinion of the GROUCH!

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Barack Would be Proud

The president doesn't seem to care that gasoline is approaching 4 bux a gallon again and has advised us to "get used to it. Once again instead of choosing the logical solution of drilling for more oil he takes us back to the old worn out mantra of converting to "clean" energy and getting away from oil. Of course anyone with half a brain realizes that all this clean, green energy nonsense just won't work. I am so ready for Obama to go.
Of course he wants us all to buy those stupid electric cars. He said,

“If you’re complaining about the price of gas and you’re only getting 8 miles a gallon, you know,” Obama said laughingly. “You might want to think about a trade-in.”

 I guess I could say that Obama just doesn't get it. Unfortunately he DOES get it and we are going to get it in megadoses right up the wazoo! My Kawasaki Vulcan averages about 42 mpg. My truck gets about 15mpg. I can make the trip between home and work just a little over 5 times on a gallon of gas on the 2 wheeler. In the truck I can do it less than twice. You do the math. Maybe I ought to get a motorcycle for sweet Wifey. Hussein would be proud.

2 comments:

  1. I had a dream a month or so ago that we went to the Kawasaki dealer and you bought me a bike just like yours, it was a very strange dream, I'll tell you about it later. I would be scared to even try driving one

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wind and solar have been in use far longer than those evil fossil fuels - so if they were so all-out awesome, wouldn't some fine entrepreneurial spirit have found a way to exploit them generations ago to power the industrial revolution?

    ReplyDelete