If you have something to say, post a comment. I will not respond to anonymous commenters, so if you care to joust with the GROUCH, open yourself a FREE GMAIL account and get yourself an ID so I'll know who you are.

If you'd like to be a guest contributor, email me at:
ka4p1@hotmail.com
Opinions of the guests are not necessarily the opinion of the GROUCH!

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Down and Out at Lost Creek

Well it's been interesting here since Monday. At about 1:30 PM Monday afternoon we had one of the most violent storms in memory come through here. I was in my truck at the time and just pulled off and waited it out. The truck was literally shaking in the wind. I don't think there were any tornadoes. It looked like straight line winds.

We lost power at 1:30 PM Monday and got power back at 6PM last night. We lost phone and internet all day yesterday and finally got that back about an hour ago. On the good side my Honeywell 7KW generator performed flawlessly and kept us with lights, cold and frozen food and hot water. With the price of gas I'd sure hate to have to rely on it for very long though.

As usual, sweet Wifey and I made the best of it. We went out for breakfast yesterday to a place that had power (first time we've gone out for breakfast in memory). We also went out for dinner last night and went by the hospital (they still had internet) and downloaded the Rush Limbaugh podcast.

We lost a tree:
This was no big deal as we have tons of trees. It fell in the woods and did not hit anything. Moresignificantly, I lost a radio tower. My 100 foot tower is now about 50 feet.
So now that I have a phone I guess I'll call the insurance company, take pictures and file a claim. What a hassle! I'm not complaining. It surely could have been a lot worse. Wifey, Puppy, and I are all safe, and that's the main thing.

1 comment:

  1. Amen, we are all safe and sound.

    Debbie
    Right Truth
    http://www.righttruth.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete