If you have something to say, post a comment. I will not respond to anonymous commenters, so if you care to joust with the GROUCH, open yourself a FREE GMAIL account and get yourself an ID so I'll know who you are.

If you'd like to be a guest contributor, email me at:
ka4p1@hotmail.com
Opinions of the guests are not necessarily the opinion of the GROUCH!

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The Math Just Does Not Add Up

I'm pretty good at math. I made it through several layers of calculus in college. According to Treasury Direct, the interest on our 14 trillion dollar national debt for the fiscal year is 215.58 BILLION dollars.

Looking at the great Republican victory of shaving 38.5 billion from the budget I find that we have gotten a handle on things. We will be able to pay the interest on the national debt with these huge cuts for about the next 64 days. I dunno what we're gonna do for the remaining 301 days.

Boys and girls, we are in deep doo doo. Even if we were to somehow implement Paul Ryan's proposal of cutting 6 trillion from the budget over the next 10 years (600 BILLION per year) we would still be in deficit spending 10 years from now.

Of course it will be exacerbated when the next president, whoever that may be, proposes his/her next trillion dollar program for our own good.

No comments:

Post a Comment